Talk

Advanced search

To be furious with dh.

(36 Posts)
HappyHannah24 Sun 05-Mar-17 11:17:20

My dd and ds and dss and dss2 went paint balling with dh yesterday and my son got shot in a rather sensitive area for boys.

My dh and dss didn't treat it seriously when my ds was in pain and instead started sniggering at him and telling him to man up. When they got home ds told me about it and his bits were swollen so I decided to take him to a and e and ds had a testicular torsion. This I'm told is extremely painful and serious ds could have lost his right testicle. We don't know if the tissue has been damaged or not.

I am furious aibu .

haveacupoftea Sun 05-Mar-17 11:19:12

God I don't think you are. What age is he? adds paintballing to list of things DS isn't allowed to do before he's even born

andontothenext Sun 05-Mar-17 11:19:33

YANBU in the slightest

Was he shot there on purpose?

Laughing at him was childish and verging on bullying.

They both sound like arse holes

TyneTeas Sun 05-Mar-17 11:21:12

Separate it out a big. Are you angry that he was shot or their reaction or that they didn't seek medical attention earlier. How long after did you see him. Was the swelling immediate

TyneTeas Sun 05-Mar-17 11:22:02

a bit (not big)

littlefrog3 Sun 05-Mar-17 11:22:19

I've been paintballing a few times and DAMN those things sting when they hit you: even with the protective gear on!

Your husband is a dick for laughing at his son/your son.

Being hit in the doo-dahs could have caused him an injury. What as asshole your husband is! I feel paintballing is not a place for kids - depends on their age though.

I would be tempted to take your lad to the docs to have him checked over.

littlefrog3 Sun 05-Mar-17 11:23:13

What AN asshole he is, not 'as.' Why has mumsnet bot got an edit feature?!

allchattedout Sun 05-Mar-17 11:23:54

Are you the poster who has posted numerous times about your dickish DH and stepkids who pick on your DS and leave him out of stuff?
YANBU by the way. YABU if you are the poster I am thinking about, in which case you really need to leave your DH as things will never improve.

endofthelinefinally Sun 05-Mar-17 11:24:45

Your dh is an idiot and very irresponsible. He was the adult in charge and behaved like a silly child.

HappyHannah24 Sun 05-Mar-17 11:26:42

He's 17 as are dh two sons (twins). He wasn't shot in that area on purpose I'm not angry that he was shot their in angry it was not treated seriously by dh.

hesterton Sun 05-Mar-17 11:28:43

Perhaps ignorance rather than purposeful neglect? It needs to be seen in a bigger picture.

Fairylea Sun 05-Mar-17 11:31:30

If your ds was in obvious distress then your dh was an arse.

littlefrog3 Sun 05-Mar-17 11:33:04

Did I seriously just put BOT instead of NOT. sigh.... Wish mumsnet would have an edit feature. Even if it's just there for a few minutes to allow you to fix typos...

haveacupoftea Sun 05-Mar-17 11:34:26

Hmm ok 17 is a bit different I thought he was a young child...DH still an idiot though.

HiggeldyPiggeldy Sun 05-Mar-17 11:39:19

really nasty laughing sounds like bullying to me, hope your dh and dss have apologised

hope ds is ok, it sounds really painful

TalkingofMichaelAngel0 Sun 05-Mar-17 11:40:40

Would he have treated your dd getting shot and being in pain differently?

I dont want to do an advance search butbyes if you are the same poster as mentioned above dh is a jerk.

HumphreyCobblers Sun 05-Mar-17 11:43:54

It is really scary when you are in pain and people who should be helping you laugh at you instead.

Your poor ds. I hope they feel properly guilty now they realised how mean they were to an injured child.

FurryLittleTwerp Sun 05-Mar-17 11:47:47

I think it's really unlikely that being shot in the goolies actually caused the torsion, but the resulting pain would have meant the pain from the torsion was overlooked to begin with.

Jaxhog Sun 05-Mar-17 11:52:16

Bet your DH wouldn't have thought it so funny , if HE'd got shot there. He sounds rather irresponsible.

Biscusting Sun 05-Mar-17 11:53:50

There's an easy solution, smack DH hard in the balls and laugh at him.
Not only will you be doing a service to humanity by preventing further breeding, but he'll maybe, just maybe learn a little empathy.

SookiesSocks Sun 05-Mar-17 11:53:59

Being shot in the balls hurts....alot and their reaction at the time was quite ladish and typical but not awful.
Your DH would not have known about any swelling and there was no blood so would have assumed the pain would ease.

You DS is 17 and once he realised there was swelling alerted you and you got him medical attention.
I dont see how your DH is to blame as the swelling would not have been imnediate so how could he act on it?

Do you think his reaction would have been the same had it been his DS? If so then YABU.

highinthesky Sun 05-Mar-17 11:56:53

I agree that your DH behaved like a total asshole and not a responsible parent. You need to come down on him hard for this, although as a 17 yo DS might not need that much supervision. (I use the same approach with my dad and his young GD - he seems to think her sticking fingers into his plug sockets and a whole host of other disasters-in-waiting are fine as long as he is "watching her").,

But I also highly doubt that the torsion was the result of an injury, pretty certain it was there before. And yes it can be a medical emergency so I'm glad that you took DS to A&E.

DenimChicken Sun 05-Mar-17 11:59:07

Unless he asked to look at your 17 year olds ballsack he had no way of knowing it was swollen and may need medical attention.

Wellitwouldbenice Sun 05-Mar-17 12:05:25

What have they said since they found out it was serious?

shitonit Sun 05-Mar-17 12:09:08

Suggest you go again and see how funny he thinks it is when you shoot him in the balls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now