Talk

Advanced search

To absolutely hate sanitary pads

(17 Posts)
suuuki Sun 05-Mar-17 09:15:27

Bit of a boring topic but I was interested.

I started my period aged 10 and used sanitary pads for 8 years as I was too nervous to use tampons. Once I started using tampons I never looked back. But I used to have heavy periods so always needed a pad too to stop leaks. But the amount of leakage was minimal.

After having my son 5 years ago, my periods have become much lighter. Last year I bought a mooncup and I've never gone back. It's brilliant!

I can't stand sanitary pads. They make me itch, they are messy, you can feel them on your underwear, your skin touches a bloodied piece of material for the entire time you're using them, they make me sweat down there and I feel like I can't lie on my side.

I just hate them.

Is anyone else the same?

I know they'll always be used by some people but I can't see the appeal at all.

Does anyone else hate them as much as me? 😂

reallyanotherone Sun 05-Mar-17 09:17:02

Me smile.

Honestly the worst part about giving birth was having to use pads after.

SloanePeterson Sun 05-Mar-17 09:17:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

dreamreckless Sun 05-Mar-17 09:18:28

well I'd rather not use them but that's because I hate wearing underwear to bed. I prefer them to tampons or anything else.

RedBugMug Sun 05-Mar-17 09:19:28

all about preference.
I'm sure there are people who feel the same about tampons/cups

LexieLulu Sun 05-Mar-17 09:20:09

Me!!! But since the birth of my first I have really struggled using tampons due to scar tissue, it's so painful to get tampons out and occasionally when they are in they are just painful.

This isn't anything to do with how far inside me I have put them, it's literally my scar tissue that's agony.

I hate pads. It's making me hate periods even more

dementedma Sun 05-Mar-17 09:20:39

Hate the feeling of "oozing" onto them.

EggsEleven Sun 05-Mar-17 09:22:14

I hate tampons. I didn't like maternity pads but have no problem with always ultra with wings when I have my period. Only ever with wings though. Don't like wingless ones.

SoupDragon Sun 05-Mar-17 09:26:00

Why on earth would you join MN for this?

identityhidden Sun 05-Mar-17 09:27:15

I'm the opposite to you , can't stand putting anything inside. I've tried a variety of different tampons and can't cope with them at all - and the day I managed to get a bit of skin somehow caught in the applicator I gave up altogether! I can feel them when I'm walking , they jab when I sit down and trying to pull them out I felt I was turning inside out. I got one stuck at work, couldn't bear to pull it out - colleague had to persuade me with the threat of sending me to casualty if I didn't get it out. Awful all round really.

I'm guessing a moon cup would be just as difficult, I'm worried as to how big they are and how you get it in blush

Thankfully due to being on the mini pill and various other hormone treatments I haven't had a period in months , but have always used pads when I have had them, I just change them every 2 hours or so and carry around wet wipes/spare knickers etc.

NerrSnerr Sun 05-Mar-17 09:27:28

Pads are my preferred choice- but I don't have periods often because when not ttc I use the implant that stops my period.

Horses for courses isn't it. I don't like tampax and I can't be arsed to try a mooncup as pads are fine for me.

It's a bit of a strange thread- if you don't like them it's a good thing you don't use them. Why are you even thinking about them?

Astoria7974 Sun 05-Mar-17 10:08:46

I've contractions and huge clots since I was 8 & also have a really small/tight vagina so neither tampons nor mooncups work for me. Pads are the only thing - I just grin and bear it.

Madbengalmum Sun 05-Mar-17 10:12:39

I cant stand tampons etc. I also hate disposable sanitary pads, fragranced and sweaty. High quality washable pads have been the best thing i have discovered.

QueenOfTheCatBastards Sun 05-Mar-17 10:16:01

Pads give me thrush these days, so I use tampons for the most part. I had chest infection induced incontinence a couple of weeks back, and using pads was so painful! I have backup cloth pads for when my periods get tidal.

MrsBellefleur Sun 05-Mar-17 10:20:43

I hate tampons and couldn't get on with a soft cup so not sure if I would with a moon cup either. I can always feel them no matter what type I use or how far I insert them I can always feel them and it's horrible.

I also don't like the oozing/flooding feeling onto a pad but it's a million times better than getting stabbed in the cervix by a lillet!

carefreeeee Sun 05-Mar-17 11:17:59

Reusable pads are the answer

SoupDragon Sun 05-Mar-17 11:26:12

Only if the question is "do you want a bloody surfboard between your legs?"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now