Talk

Advanced search

To end this friendship?

(6 Posts)
StressedOutbyMuppets Sun 05-Mar-17 08:43:38

Apparently I'm being very immature and the other person would not be

I went through years of infertility which destroyed my marriage and I'm still very deeply wounded by not being able to naturally have the family I desperately wanted - now going through a divorce. I was severely depressed and had shared with this friend a lot trying to explain something she clearly didn't understand as I still till yesterday got stupidity like "are you sure you can't just get pregnant?"

I backed off from the friendship before Christmas when a bloke she'd been dating on the rebound from a married man she was trying to get to leave his wife for a month or so she decided to start trying for a baby with and sent me messages asking about ovulation kits saying she was upset she hadn't "yet" fallen pregnant (so she lives in cloud la la anyhow if one cycle counts as trying and if it's a sensible idea to even go there. No we're not in our teens - we're in our thirties!!!

She does have significant mental health problems which may explain some of her behaviour. Social services are involved with the child she already has and apparently everyone is out to get her etc and she's been using me a lot for support

She let slip that she's worried about new bloke and maybe he won't want to marry her after the baby is born yesterday. I didn't reply until the eve and then said I'm sorry but you can't just hide a baby, I can't manage to carry on our current friendship and it's not something I can support you through right now.

Got told how immature I'm being. I know infertility makes things sting and I might be being immature but surely if I can't handle it its my right to say so, and doesn't actually "show I don't care about her or our friendship"

I probably have been very immature in lashing out in response telling her it's sheer muppetry when she's worried she'll lose the one she has already.

I'm not sure if I'm really asking or just need to vent tbh. I just always seem to be the one trying to explain she's making dumb choices and picking up pieces and what's the point? She doesn't care, why should I?

ambereeree Sun 05-Mar-17 09:22:44

Drop her sounds like a selfish cow. YANBU

katiegg Sun 05-Mar-17 09:25:58

She sounds like the immature one to me.

Sorry for all you have been through and all you are going through. flowers

StressedOutbyMuppets Sun 05-Mar-17 09:39:55

Thanks. I'll try to stop feeling like such a bitch I guess

icy121 Sun 05-Mar-17 09:56:22

Fuck her. Move on.

emmyrose2000 Sun 05-Mar-17 11:14:53

YANBU

Drop her like a hot potato.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now