Talk

Advanced search

To think this is a shit way to be woken up on a Sunday morning? (warning:bodily functions)

(7 Posts)
OhSoggyBiscuit Sun 05-Mar-17 08:42:51

Finally got to bed at 3am, then at 7am, woke up suddenly with a bad stomach ache. It could only mean one thing- IBS attack. Easy like Sunday morning, not in my bowels it isn't!! I hope my pizza with tons of tomato sauce last night wasn't the culprit..

PhoenixJasmine Sun 05-Mar-17 08:51:28

You have my sympathies. I've been struggling all week after slipping up diet wise last weekend. That and stress levels through the roof. IBS sucks.

comedycentral Sun 05-Mar-17 09:36:47

I have it too, IBS is a nightmare. Sympathies x

MrsMozart Sun 05-Mar-17 09:51:37

With you there sad

Do you have a go to fix? Mine's porridge made with water. Seems to help calm it all down.

OhSoggyBiscuit Sun 05-Mar-17 12:12:55

Thankfully it seems to have calmed down a bit- thank goodness!

Mostly with me I just drink plenty of water and wait, sometimes taking medicine if I really need to go out somewhere.

PhoenixJasmine Sun 05-Mar-17 12:21:18

Gluten-free toast and ginger tea here grin I used to get anti-spasmodics prescribed too but not convinced they work any better than over the counter buscopan.

Ele13 Sun 05-Mar-17 13:25:03

All the prescribed anti-spasmodics are generally also available otc, just cheaper to get them prescribed. I find mebeverine (colofac) to be my best go to, with buscopan on top, plus omeprazole, loperamide and gaviscon/generic equivalent as necessary.

Many IBS sympathies to you OP. I only managed to eat 1 out 5 meals over a few days a little while ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now