Talk

Advanced search

Do you know me?

(123 Posts)
MellieMGrant Sat 04-Mar-17 21:52:58

I've been here for a looong time. I namechange regularly now after being quite spectacularly outed in rl.

Dh reckons I'm still very obvious despite name changes. As in, family and friends would recognise me and all the many MNers I know in real life will instantly know it's me.

So here's an experiment. This name is fairly fresh and I've only posted a bit. Do you recognise me? Should inbe much more circumspect? And is it a bad thing if I'm recognisable, really?

TheoriginalLEM Sat 04-Mar-17 21:54:41

omg its you!! we really must catch up soon, sooo much to tell you wink

MellieMGrant Sat 04-Mar-17 21:54:58

grin

Sparklingbrook Sat 04-Mar-17 21:55:15

No

MellieMGrant Sat 04-Mar-17 21:55:27

Awesome.

dudsville Sat 04-Mar-17 21:57:12

I don't pay attention to poster's names, so no I won't recognise you from your post style.

Electrolens Sat 04-Mar-17 21:57:33

I guess this maybe an impossible ask...but I worry about being outed irl. Was it detail or circumstance, a family member or friend on MN that led to it in your case? Understand if you can't answer!

And hello again grin

Lessthanaballpark Sat 04-Mar-17 21:58:08

The only person I think I would recognise is AnyFucker because she posts succinct one liners.

I have no clue who you are OP

BathshebaDarkstone Sat 04-Mar-17 21:58:12

Nobody I know in RL has admitted to being an MNer. I don't know who you are.

Sparklingbrook Sat 04-Mar-17 21:58:36

An AS doesn't really help either as you have only N/C today presumably. confused

bionicant Sat 04-Mar-17 21:59:19

ucm, is that you?

MellieMGrant Sat 04-Mar-17 22:00:58

My ex found me years ago and sent printouts of me bitching about my family to me family. Fun times. But also my sister has (after several name changes) read threads I've started and mentioned them. And quite often I'll say to my mates 'blah blah happened' and they'll say 'oh yes I saw your thread'.

So I think I probably have a 'style' that people spot. Despite having a new name quite regularly.

MellieMGrant Sat 04-Mar-17 22:01:39

I'm quite heartened that you all think I'm incognito so far.

Sparklingbrook Sat 04-Mar-17 22:02:29

Maybe give it a bit more time.

elQuintoConyo Sat 04-Mar-17 22:03:40

I don't know anyone who uses MN. And no one knows I use it. It's like my own little dirty secret grin

So, no, I don't know who you are.

If anyone does recognise me <waves hello from yacht>

Sparklingbrook Sat 04-Mar-17 22:04:48

I don't think starting this thread fits in with you wanting to stay anonymous. You are drawing attention to yourself already.

SoleBizzz Sat 04-Mar-17 22:04:56

Yes.

MellieMGrant Sat 04-Mar-17 22:05:29

Sparkling I'll fuck this name off tomorrow.

WorraLiberty Sat 04-Mar-17 22:05:57

Nope, not a clue.

Mind you, I'm not the best person to ask tbf.

I sometimes read my posts back on a Sunday morning and think "What the fuck is she going on about? Ohhh wait....it was me who said that" blush

WowserBowser Sat 04-Mar-17 22:06:05

Yes

HopelesslydevotedtoGu Sat 04-Mar-17 22:06:16

How do your friends recognise you after a NC? Do you have a particular style of speech? If you want to stay anonymous, try to change it, at least when you are writing long posts.

KurriKurri Sat 04-Mar-17 22:07:05

Are you any of the following:
Lord Lucan ?
Shergar?
The Poo Troll ?

If not then I don't know you.

SuperTrumper Sat 04-Mar-17 22:07:11

*Today 22:00 MellieMGrant

My ex found me years ago and sent printouts of me bitching about my family to me family. Fun times. But also my sister has (after several name changes) read threads I've started and mentioned them. And quite often I'll say to my mates 'blah blah happened' and they'll say 'oh yes I saw your thread'. *

I imagine to RL people you'll be recognisable now grin

Popskipiekin Sat 04-Mar-17 22:07:33

Mellie I think I do recognise you by the print out story... if you're going to keep nc, maybe a good idea not too give too many secrets away in your new posts?

PausingFlatly Sat 04-Mar-17 22:07:52

Ohhh, yes, I do recognise you.

Although in my head you're always the evil twin of Buppers - no idea why. So I have to think a bit to separate you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now