Talk

Advanced search

About morning routine?

(7 Posts)
Familyof3or4 Sat 04-Mar-17 19:46:17

Two mornings a week I have to leave at 7.30 to get into work on time.
For dh to start work on time he also needs to leave at 7.30 but he has a 35 min round trip to drop 2 pre-school age dc at different childcare locations.
In the morning I do half the child care at home (dressing/breakfasting etc) but dh thinks I should do more as he does the whole drop off. I think this is unreasonable as we both have to leave at the same time and would have to get up unreasonably earliest to sort more stuff out for dc.
Genuinely not sure who is bu.
Situation will get a lot easier from September when older child starts school

Ellypoo Sat 04-Mar-17 19:52:33

Surely if the time you both have to leave is the same, you share it equally- what on earth is his reasoning?

fatmummy87 Sat 04-Mar-17 19:58:31

His reasoning is bizarre. Surely you both just get up at the same time and do what needs to be done to get out the door in time?

caroldecker Sat 04-Mar-17 20:08:27

Does he leave 35 mins earlier than he has to get to work for the school run 5 days a week?

MrsTerryPratchett Sat 04-Mar-17 20:11:12

Who does it the other 5 days?

honeylulu Sat 04-Mar-17 20:12:02

Who does the getting ready on the days you leave later?
I leave at 6am every week day and I don't do any getting ready (of children)

sabzii Sat 04-Mar-17 21:27:37

If he does the nursery drop-off I think it's reasonable you do the getting ready in morning, or can you switch some days?

On work days I get up with toddler, give her breakfast, dress her, make everyone's packed lunches (approx 1 hour), then DH gets up and takes over for half an hour while I shower and do my hair, then he does nursery drop-off (which adds half an hour to his commute).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now