Talk

Advanced search

Trump. Sectioned or impeached ?

(33 Posts)
VoyageOfDad Sat 04-Mar-17 18:24:45

I think he might actually end up being sectioned.

BitchPeas Sat 04-Mar-17 18:25:41

I'm going for impeached by the end of the year.

CoolCarrie Sat 04-Mar-17 18:31:58

I give the trumpet 6 months before he is impeached, I hope it's quicker but he certainly won't be POTUS by the end of August

toomuchtvandsocialmedia Sat 04-Mar-17 18:36:49

If he's impeached, we end up with Mike Pence as President - it is an equally bleak scenario IMO

www.good.is/articles/trump-solution-not-impeachment

VoyageOfDad Sat 04-Mar-17 18:40:24

Is it possible that if all the stuff about Russia colluding with the Trump campaign turns out to be true, they'd have to null the election ?

CoolCarrie Sat 04-Mar-17 18:41:07

Oh shit you are right and he is even more of a nut than trumpet, bloody hell!
Isn't there some way of getting rid of both of them and having an other election, what would it take for that to happen, does anyone know?

toomuchtvandsocialmedia Sat 04-Mar-17 18:44:14

"The courts could overturn the election because of foreign interference. Not impossible, because there is a precedent. However, such a ruling could only be made by the U.S. Supreme Court, which is currently split evenly because of the Scalia vacancy. And a 4-4 vote would be no ruling."

Let's hope he doesn't get his man into the Supreme Court just yet

TaliDiNozzo Sat 04-Mar-17 18:49:22

I think he'll resign. No way can he stick with this for four years. He is an overgrown orange toddler.

But previous posters are right, Pence is worse. The world needs rid of the entire shower of shite surrounding the pair of those cunts along with them.

CatsRidingRollercoasters Sat 04-Mar-17 18:49:53

We were having the impeachment v assassination debate just last night and decided that impeachment was more likely. Sectioned though... Interesting!

I'm torn. I still think impeachment is the most likely but the idea of Mike Pence is even worse. Shudder.

Pence thinks women deliberately get pregnant so that they can have abortions, so that they can get time off work. There are no words for scummy men like him.

FatherJemimaRacktool Sat 04-Mar-17 18:55:08

He'll flounce before he gets anywhere near impeachment - decide that the American people aren't worthy to have him as their leader and go back to sulk in Trump tower/Mar-a-Lago/a nice dacha in Crimea.

VoyageOfDad Sat 04-Mar-17 19:00:13

There are quite a few articles about his mental health.

This in the Independent

The American Psychiatry Association has a nine-point checklist for narcissism - if someone displays just five of the traits, they have Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognised as superior without commensurate achievements).

Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.

Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).

Requires excessive admiration.

Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favourable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.

Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.

Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognise or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.

Shows arrogant, haughty behaviours or attitudes.

www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/donald-trump-mental-illness-narcisissm-us-president-psychologists-inauguration-crowd-size-paranoia-a7552661.html

TheOtherSock Sat 04-Mar-17 19:05:42

This is in very poor taste.

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Sat 04-Mar-17 19:09:11

I'm not a mental health professional, but isn't it the case in the UK that you can't be sectioned for a personality disorder alone? So NPD, even if that is what Trump has, would not be enough.

I am slackjawed with amazement at what is happening on the other side of the Atlantic. I can't laugh at it because it is so utterly wrong and hateful, but his behaviour is like an overgrown toddler.

toomuchtvandsocialmedia Sat 04-Mar-17 19:10:26

I think Lyndon Johnson and Roosevelt scored highly for narcissistic traits - so nothing new for Americans.

This is interesting

www.counterpunch.org/2017/02/02/a-psychological-divide-irrationality-psychopathy-and-trumps-cult/

VoyageOfDad Sat 04-Mar-17 19:11:30

This is in very poor taste

I'm sorry you feel that way. It wasn't intended to offend.

There is a genuine concern about Trumps mental health, and given the preasure of his job, and I think the level of accountablity he's now experiencing, it's a very real possibility.

TheOtherSock Sat 04-Mar-17 19:23:10

It's an insult to people who suffer with mental health problems to imply that a bad person is a cunt because they're mentally ill and not just because they're a cunt, without having carried out a proper psychiatric evaluation of the cunt. It's insulting because it reflects the fact that when someone's behaving in a way we don't like, we jump to look for a psychiatric cause. I'm aware that saying that "this cunt might be a cunt because they have a mental illness" does not logically mean that one's saying "people with mental illness are cunts", but people insist on constantly strengthening the link between the two in the public mind. Additionally, to be diagnosed with a mental illness, (end even more so if that person is to be sectioned), these symptoms need to be causing distress and/or dysfunction in the person's daily life. Unfortunately for us, Trump is doing quite well out of his nasty behaviour. Diagnosing someone from afar is also considered unethical by professional bodies so I'd question the credentials of any expert who's doing so.

LittleLionMansMummy Sat 04-Mar-17 19:31:12

Impeachment if assassination doesn't happen first.

BelfastBloke Sat 04-Mar-17 19:42:20

Pence is NOT worse, no matter how odious his domestic policies are or what hideous opinions/beliefs he may have.

At least he wouldn't launch nuclear weapons because of having a tantrum.

FatherJemimaRacktool Sat 04-Mar-17 19:43:41

Who would bother assassinating Trump? Apart from Republicans in Congress, of course.

LittleLionMansMummy Sat 04-Mar-17 19:48:00

Oh I dunno Father. A Muslim, a Mexican, a homosexual, a woman.....

SuperBeagle Sat 04-Mar-17 19:49:29

Assassination? Give your head a good shake.

hmm

Archimandrite Sat 04-Mar-17 19:50:22

I don't think being an orange toddler is a sectionable MH issue. Even if the orange toddler is POTUS.

I also think impeachment due to all the Russian contacts/spying/tapping etc.

Pence is terrible but he doesn't seem as volatile or as impulsive as Trump. I think he'd be less likely to launch a nuclear warhead.

TabithaBethia Sat 04-Mar-17 19:50:44

He is certainly very odd but I don't know if you get sanctioned for that.

Impeachment seems more likely.

FatherJemimaRacktool Sat 04-Mar-17 19:51:58

But he's doing so much damage to himself and all his planned policies, and the Republican party, just by existing that it wouldn't make sense. A Republican congressman/woman in a mostly Democrat state facing re-election 20 months from now, however...

nancy75 Sat 04-Mar-17 19:54:10

Can a potus quit before the term is finished? I don't think he would quit but I wonder if he could?
I think Pence is worse than Trump, Trump says anyold populist shit he is told to come out with, Pence actually believes it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now