Talk

Advanced search

To be ill?

(8 Posts)
limon Sat 04-Mar-17 16:01:40

I'm ill. Dizzy spells, slightly inflamed glands in my neck, weakness in my limbs and the major symptom fatigue that has lasted a week not got better at all even with complete rest. Gp has signed me off until 14th and has arranged thyroid and iron checks. He mentioned fibroid myalgia and ME but thinks I am burned out due to stress. I've also been referred to a psychiatrist to have my anxiety meds checked.

I slept in til 10.00 today (my day for a lie in - we alternate). Went back to bed at 12.00 and slept for two hours, got up and showered but felt so tired I came back to bed.

Dh is now in a strop. Turns out he invited dds friemd over and wanted me.to supervise as he wanted to do his hobby.

I'm not unreasonable to expect a little support, am I? I can't describe how exhausted I am 😕

limon Sat 04-Mar-17 16:05:19

And now he has asked if he can go away for work (he is self employed) on Monday over night. I could cry.

DoomGloomAndKaboom Sat 04-Mar-17 16:18:15

Ask him what he thought the 'in sickness and in health' part of the wedding meant (if you had that bit)

And also ask him how he would like to be treated when he's ill, and why he doesn't care that you're ill and need looking after.

He is being a wanker. I would cry.

limon Sat 04-Mar-17 16:21:15

He's just said he thinks I need to go to out of hours if I'm that Ill. I told him I doubt very much they would suggest more than the gp suggested on Wednesday which was to rest.

He would rather go away for work and build in a visit to his mother than stay here and look after me and dd.

blossomtree323 Sat 04-Mar-17 16:40:09

YANBU.

If the GP has signed you off, told you to rest and suspects Fibromyalgia/ME, I agree that out of hours won't be able to offer anything else. I have both; you have my sympathy (and hugs!), it's so tiring just moving your body at times.

Ask him to postpone his trip. Further stress for you will just add to the exhaustion.

limon Sat 04-Mar-17 17:14:11

Gp didnt seem to think I have either bit I woder if I have sad

BellonaBelladonna Sat 04-Mar-17 17:17:28

You can't tell about ME after a week. Sounds like a nasty virus. Rest and it will go away. Push on and you do risk ME or similar.

Dh sounds like a dick

limon Sat 04-Mar-17 17:52:23

I get like thi's frequently with viruses but haven't been this bad since I had glandular fever

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now