Talk

Advanced search

AIBU gloves for 1 year old - where to buy?

(8 Posts)
SugarwomanColdFact Fri 03-Mar-17 23:00:32

anyone any ideas? She's actually 1 year 2 months but small for her age.

I've heard that they're less likely to take gloves off (as opposed to mittens), I'm sure they're a pain to put on but it would be worth it! thanks if anyone can help.

WorraLiberty Fri 03-Mar-17 23:02:34

Errr if you think they're less likely to take gloves off, may I suggest you tag along on a few different school runs?

You'll have about 12 in a week.

They won't all be matching, mind grin

<< Unhelpful but true >>

Akire Fri 03-Mar-17 23:04:34

Better off with long socks over hands up to elbows that they can't pull off easily. Mittens only decent if have string stop them dropping off all time.

ToffeeForEveryone Fri 03-Mar-17 23:05:43

They had some for that age in John Lewis a few months back when I was looking.

And yes, good luck on getting her to wear them smile

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Fri 03-Mar-17 23:07:34

I found those "magic" gloves (The fluffy chenille type ones) in poundland, two for £1 which fitted dc small hands better than ones from mothercare etc. One pair I sewed a ribbon on so it can be threaded through coat arms to save losing them

Enidblyton1 Fri 03-Mar-17 23:15:13

I've found ski mittens are the best. Attached by a cord so you can't lose them. They are easy to put on (unlike some gloves I've struggled with) and they cover the wrists (in really cold weather it's not nice having a gap between your coat and gloves).

I can't find a link to the ones we have - but they are a bit like this. You can buy online or from any ski shop...

www.littleskiers.co.uk/lego-anne-toddler-girls-ski-mittens-pink

Applebite Fri 03-Mar-17 23:16:35

M&S! We have gloves from there and mittens from some stupidly expensive shop in Kew that we felt we had to buy because the shop owner spent so long looking for them - I am paranoid one is going to get lost!!

I promise you that they get pulled off and chucked out of the buggy/on the floor with equal abandon.

SugarwomanColdFact Fri 03-Mar-17 23:45:15

thanks everyone for your suggestions, it was someone with 3 kids who said that they are less likely to take gloves off. I will try the ribbon thru the sleeves trick maybe, but would like some gloves, I think she'll be intrigued by the feeling!. They should just make coats with built in mittems, like the scratch mitt bits you get on babygrows, but a slightly different design

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now