Talk

Advanced search

To wipe your sons bum at 7 years old?

(20 Posts)
user1470004594 Fri 03-Mar-17 21:29:26

This is my first post so please be gentle with me!!

OK I am not a parent (yet) I have 2 weeks to go before my due date for baby number 1 so it's imminent. (Such excitement!!!) However, I have 4 nephews and 1 niece all under 10 so I'm not a total novice...

Anyway. SIL writes a blog. Total lot of rot in my opinion generally, but I like to read it to show support/be nosy. They have 2 DS 7 and 6 years old.

Ive been mulling over something she wrote recently.... A couple of weeks ago she wrote in her blog that the 7 year old yelled at her from the toilet that he needed his bum wiping. She walked into the bathroom to complete this task for him and stands barefoot in a pile of lovely warm poo he has deposited on the floor instead of the toilet.
So....

1. Aibu to think that wiping a 7 year olds bum is odd? I mean, does he ask the teachers at school to assist him?
2 Aibu to think this sort of incident ought not to be published on a blog for the world to read? I would be mortified!!

angeldelightedme Fri 03-Mar-17 21:30:49

weird!

TheWorldAccordingToToads Fri 03-Mar-17 21:31:18

YANBU

DrivingMeBonkers Fri 03-Mar-17 21:31:52

Scant info

But YABU to judge her parenting style.

EssentialHummus Fri 03-Mar-17 21:32:02

Re the blog - fine if anonymous, iffy if the child's name (or photo) appear since his mates are likely to find it soon enough.

The wiping - I suppose it depends on the child. If he genuinely needs help wiping better that he ask than walk around with a pooey bum.

TitaniasCloset Fri 03-Mar-17 21:32:54

That's mad. Mad to wipe a 7 year old and even madder for him to poo on the floor. What the hell goes on in that house?

pleasecomesoonspring Fri 03-Mar-17 21:32:54

Some still need help, they all get there in the end

OnHold Fri 03-Mar-17 21:33:36

Poo troll?

TheWorldAccordingToToads Fri 03-Mar-17 21:34:10

Probably Hold

user1470004594 Fri 03-Mar-17 21:34:55

Sorry didn't want to drip feed! It's not an anonymous blog. Lots of lovely family pictures attached.

Mammysboys Fri 03-Mar-17 21:35:02

YANBU. Both my DSs wipe themselves

TheWorldAccordingToToads Fri 03-Mar-17 21:35:45

In that case, ew.

hotdog74 Fri 03-Mar-17 21:35:59

I'm with you that it is not something I'd put online. However, to give the boy the benefit of the doubt, it does sound as though this was a particularly "messy" one that he had tried (and failed) to deal with himself. So from that point of view not so odd for a 7 year old I don't think.

seafoodeatit Fri 03-Mar-17 21:59:50

YANBU, also really not something to be sharing with the internet surely? hopefully it's not identifying for the children.

I have a relative who did this til their child was a little older than this, she did have a bit of a martyr complex though and was still spoon feeding the youngest most of the time till he was around 9/10! A few years ago they've had another baby and it's the same routine - weaning involves lots of videos, singing and bribing, no idea why as her baby clearly had no issues with the food she just wanted them finish every last bit.

bumsexatthebingo Fri 03-Mar-17 22:40:54

Well yeah it's weird to wipe a 7yr olds bum if they don't have a disability that prevents them doing it. Not normal to shit on the floor at that age either ime.

RitaMills Fri 03-Mar-17 22:44:21

Does he have a disability or was he ill and it was an accident? I have a 7 year old DS and haven't wiped his bum in years. I can't imagine a 7 year old doing that on purpose.

OuchLegoHurts Fri 03-Mar-17 22:56:13

First ever post and it's about poo hmm

arethereanyleftatall Fri 03-Mar-17 23:42:18

Can't really believe this. Firstly 7 yr olds don't need their bum wiped, secondly they don't shit on the floor, and thirdly if it's unusual enough for 1&2 to have occurred, no one in their right mind would write about it so openly.

ZackyVengeance Fri 03-Mar-17 23:43:22

op
get ye a real user name

OnHold Fri 03-Mar-17 23:50:20

How about Pootroll as a username?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now