(18 Posts)
winekeepsmesane Fri 03-Mar-17 20:00:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

winekeepsmesane Fri 03-Mar-17 20:01:01

SquidgeyMidgey Fri 03-Mar-17 20:16:03

I'm a teacher and I would report that.

Merlin40 Fri 03-Mar-17 20:18:04

Yes. I have safeguarding responsibility in a school, and think you should report this. Those comments are really inappropriate.

Catgirl83 Fri 03-Mar-17 20:24:00

Report it. Completely and utterly inappropriate.

winekeepsmesane Fri 03-Mar-17 20:34:26

Merlin40 Fri 03-Mar-17 20:39:13

I wouldn't worry about putting your name - I don't think there would be any come back on your son?

What would worry me is that, your ds has heard these comments, what else has he said? Has he said worse? Is he 'testing the water' and will he do worse? I know that I would report his to my head if a child/parent reported this.

As supply, if the school also felt this was a concern, I imagine it would be easier for them to just not be invited back.

SmileEachDay Fri 03-Mar-17 20:42:53

If I had that reported to me (safeguarding lead in a school) where it came from would be important so I could investigate it properly, talk to other children in the class etc.

However the "source" would be kept confidential.

winekeepsmesane Fri 03-Mar-17 20:55:13

capricorn12 Fri 03-Mar-17 20:58:56

Good to know that your DS saw the wrong in it straight away, it shows you have brought him up well.

2fatducks Fri 03-Mar-17 21:16:04

I've been in the same position, but with two supply teachers making inappropriate comments. I went straight to the Head. I gave my name as I needed to know the outcome so I could reassure my child that what was said wasn't the norm. The head had them removed them from the school and informed me they wouldn't be coming back. I don't think there's been any repercussions for my child - the Head was as appalled as me.

Ellie56 Fri 03-Mar-17 21:51:44

I agree this is totally inappropriate and you should report this teacher.

I reported a supply teacher for making children stand in the corner and the agency he came from was told by the school not to send him again.

Tell your son the teacher will only be told "a parent" has complained.

damnedgrubble Fri 03-Mar-17 22:59:09

Yes, absolutely yes. Report that - it's completely and utterly inappropriate.

winekeepsmesane Sat 04-Mar-17 07:37:49

TeaBelle Sat 04-Mar-17 07:40:03

If you are worried about anonimity, you could report this tto the local LADO who will deal with allegations against staff.

Merlin40 Sat 04-Mar-17 08:12:15

Doesn't the LADO offer advice and guidance rather than taking it on, or is that just for when schools report?

The school will have to report this to the LADO anyway.

Trifleorbust Sat 04-Mar-17 09:26:53

The first comment is ridiculously inappropriate. I wouldn't be as bothered about the second, tbh. But do report this - children should not have to listen to adults calling women 'dogs'.

Whatsername17 Sat 04-Mar-17 10:10:12

Report!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now