DP searching his ex on fb

(53 Posts)
Mammamia2016 Fri 03-Mar-17 19:07:01

Can I be angry ?

Not the first time either.

felinewonderful Fri 03-Mar-17 19:09:06

My dh did this and it upset me too.

CharlieDimmocksbosoms Fri 03-Mar-17 19:09:56

Depends how things were left when they broke up. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer sort of thing. Do they have kids? Is he checking up on his kids?

Roanoke Fri 03-Mar-17 19:11:03

Oh come on, don't we all have a little Facebook stalk?

As a sole single event, I wouldn't even consider this, especially as my own browsing history proves I'm a nosy bint.

In conjunction with other behaviour, it may be part of a problem, but yikes, if searching an ex is a crime...

Jellybean85 Fri 03-Mar-17 19:11:48

I adore my partner and have no interest in going back to my ex but it was a fairly amicable split and sometimes I creep out of curiosity/boredom. Also other people from my past, didn't mean anything by it smile

ShatnersBassoon Fri 03-Mar-17 19:13:50

This is standard. It's far more likely to be nosiness rather than him still pining for her.

Have you never had a look for someone from your past?

Purplebluebird Fri 03-Mar-17 19:16:46

Uhm I was nosy on my ex a few weeks ago and did a search! I also told my other half that my ex and his current girlfriend have matching glasses grin.

Honestly, it's fine, it's just a nosy thing.

badabeedabom Fri 03-Mar-17 19:18:06

Oh gosh I do that occasionally, is it bad? grin

DH is FB friends with his so he can hardly say anything.

MissAdaSmith Fri 03-Mar-17 19:19:57

you sound incredibly insecure. It's not unusual. I do it sometimes and it means nothing. I am just a nosy cow.

picklemepopcorn Fri 03-Mar-17 19:20:07

I do this! Been married 25 years. Just wonder occasionally what happened to people I used to care about.

SumThucker Fri 03-Mar-17 19:21:11

Just curiosity OP. Have you never looked up an ex?

Mammamia2016 Fri 03-Mar-17 19:32:45

Hmm

it's always when we're having a bad time, she cheated on him and got rid of him. None of it was on his terms from what I've gathered

Mammamia2016 Fri 03-Mar-17 19:33:27

I haven't since I've been with him and had his baby no, couldn't care less what my ex's are doing to be brutally honest

Bokky Fri 03-Mar-17 19:34:28

I'm Facebook friends with a couple of mine!

IamFriedSpam Fri 03-Mar-17 19:38:18

If he just did it once or twice I wouldn't see the big deal, in bored moments I have a nosey at all kind of people (old boyfriends from when I was 15, primary school best friend etc.) definitely doesn't mean they're on my mind the rest of the time. If it's a persistent thing and you have other causes for concern YANBU.

NSEA Fri 03-Mar-17 19:42:39

I am more cutious about how you know he is searching for her. Are you checking his Facebook. Because thats a much worse crime than his.

HermioneJeanGranger Fri 03-Mar-17 19:42:58

Meh, I FB stalk mine a fair bit, I'm just nosy and do the same with other people from my past. It doesn't mean anything more than that.

Crunchymum Fri 03-Mar-17 19:44:47

How do you know?

Mrsglitterfairy Fri 03-Mar-17 19:46:30

Ooh I always Facebook search my ex. Just cos I'm a nosy cow and am hoping he's failing at life nothing more. If threre are no strange behaviours going with it, I wouldn't worry

Mammamia2016 Fri 03-Mar-17 19:47:27

I don't have fb. He knows I use his on the odd occasion just to keep up to date with a friend. He's fine with that, but clearly doesn't know the search history sticks.

gamerchick Fri 03-Mar-17 19:48:22

I'm Facebook friends with a couple of mine

So do I.

How do you kno he's repeatedly searching for her?

gamerchick Fri 03-Mar-17 19:49:28

But why are you looking at his history though? Maybe you should get your own.

KC225 Fri 03-Mar-17 19:49:52

Hands up, I do it too. Happily married but again just curious

TaliDiNozzo Fri 03-Mar-17 19:50:10

I was about to ask how do you know he's doing it?

To me, this is absolutely a non-event and I really don't know why it would bother anyone if that's all it is. If he's messaging an ex and crossing the line with the nature of the conversation then I would have a problem with that, but searching for an ex is meaningless.

Are you insecure in your relationship? I'm not trying to sound snarky by the way, I just can't see why this would bother someone unless they have some concerns about the relationship in general.

TaliDiNozzo Fri 03-Mar-17 19:51:11

Or maybe he does know but doesn't see it as being a big deal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now