Talk

Advanced search

to ask how old boys and girls should be when they stop sharing

(6 Posts)
ijustheartdietcoke Fri 03-Mar-17 07:32:55

personally if i had a boy and girl i wouldn't put them in together as it wouldn't feel right but if I had to i would definitely say they should stop sharing when the older one is about eight or nine. What do you think?

RebelRogue Fri 03-Mar-17 07:43:24

Ideally they should have a room each once puberty and changes start to happen for privacy. In the real world it's not always possible though.

NapQueen Fri 03-Mar-17 07:45:37

Im not sure what the purpose of your thread is. Youve already said you wouldnt do it; so its not like you are asking for advice.

Sundance01 Fri 03-Mar-17 07:46:05

Perfectly fine to share until they reach an age where they do not want to for privacy reasons. I would say 11 or 12.

But many have no choice and there are ways of giving each other privacy whilst sharing.

SpookyPotato Fri 03-Mar-17 08:33:01

I would say stop when they start to want more privacy themselves, not dictates by others. But like others have said, many people don't have a choice.

Cel982 Fri 03-Mar-17 08:37:01

Would you really have an issue with a 5-year-old girl and a 3-year-old boy sharing a room, OP? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now