Talk

Advanced search

Huge, massive row with Dsis and her arsehole husband...

(276 Posts)
Flypaperforarseholes Thu 02-Mar-17 23:16:54

Popped round to see my Dsis and niece this evening. We were having a nice evening, myself and dsis shared a bottle of wine while I trimmed my nieces hair. Niece was chatty and happy. I finished the trim just before Dsis' husband arrived home. Niece immediately fell quiet and rushed out to the utility room to get the hoover to clean up the hair. BIL came into the kitchen where we were just as niece came through with the hoover. BIL didn't greet any of us, looked at the hair on the floor and started shouting about "all this fucking mess!" The house is spotless, just a handful of trimmed hair on the floor. I said "sorry, my fault, pass the hoover Niece". BIL said "it's her hair, she'll clean it up." Then shouted at niece "Move it, you messy fat bitch!"angry

I was, still am, fucking incensed. How dare he speak to her like that?! She's a lovely, kind, funny, beautiful girl.
He stepped towards my niece and as he is a big bloke (6' 3"), I felt it was physically intimidating. I stepped between them and told him to step back and asked him.who the fuck he thought he was to talk to her like that. He told me to fuck off, I'm her father, this is my house, I pay the fucking bills...Dsis told my niece to go to her room, which she did, crying.
All the while BIL is shouting about me sticking my nose in where it's not wanted, calling me a stupid bitch. He then told Dsis to get me out of 'his" house or he would "throw it (me) through the window".
I was raging and told him he could give it a try but he'd get more than he bargained for if he tried. Dsis told me to get out of the house. I know she may not have had a lot of options but it still fucking hurt.
I left, BIL and myself still shouting at each other.
Now I am worried about my Dsis and niece. I have never particularly liked my BIL but have never seen this side of him before (although I don't see him often) and my Dsis and niece have never mentioned anything like this and seem generally happy. I sentered my Dsis a text on my way home asking if she's ok, she didn't reply. I called her and she didn't answer. Called niece but her mobile is going to answering machine. AIBU to go back round there to check they're ok?

Squirmy65ghyg Thu 02-Mar-17 23:20:40

YANBU but be very careful.

Foxysoxy01 Thu 02-Mar-17 23:21:20

Phone the police!

BeaderBird Thu 02-Mar-17 23:21:30

Horrific. I remember being called much the same as a child many times over and it still hurts now.

I'd be calling SS. That's abuse.

tillytown Thu 02-Mar-17 23:21:58

If you do go, can you ask someone to go with you?

scottishdiem Thu 02-Mar-17 23:23:57

Report the abuse to social services. You have to. No child should react like that. No child should fear their dad like that.

welcometowonderland Thu 02-Mar-17 23:24:19

Bloody hell! I'd be calling the police!

Flypaperforarseholes Thu 02-Mar-17 23:24:35

No one answering phones, am going back round there.

InflagranteDelicto Thu 02-Mar-17 23:25:40

Be careful.

Originalfoogirl Thu 02-Mar-17 23:25:48

He threatened you, why on earth haven't you called the police?

LoupGarou Thu 02-Mar-17 23:27:25

flowers I have similar memories from childhood. Be careful, please call the police and think of your own safety. You will not be able to help anyone else if you get hurt.

WorraLiberty Thu 02-Mar-17 23:28:06

This happened this evening and you're going around there now at nearly 11.30 at night?

Just phone the police like you should have done hours ago.

PicardsCombOver Thu 02-Mar-17 23:28:16

Tell someone in RL where you are going and ring the police ffs he threatened you.

Rainbowqueeen Thu 02-Mar-17 23:28:25

Good luck Fly, can you take someone with you.

Keep your phone handy to call for help if you need to.

Thinking of you

honeysucklejasmine Thu 02-Mar-17 23:28:32

Bloody hell.

ArmySal Thu 02-Mar-17 23:29:49

Oh my God!

doubleshotespresso Thu 02-Mar-17 23:30:23

Go back and call the police. Look after yourself OP.

Foxysoxy01 Thu 02-Mar-17 23:31:01

Phone the police before you go back round fgs!

CalmItKermitt Thu 02-Mar-17 23:32:09

Call the police!!

wantoscreamatwashingpile Thu 02-Mar-17 23:32:19

Please phone the police and don't go round alone!

princessconsuelabananahammock1 Thu 02-Mar-17 23:34:26

How dare he? Would have phoned the police! I know it sounds like he didn't give you much choice but I wouldn't have left my niece alone with him! Fcuking bully!!!

justbeinreal Thu 02-Mar-17 23:36:45

Omg call the police! You mean well but could honestly put them in more danger by turning up. He will obviously be fuming!

WorraLiberty Thu 02-Mar-17 23:37:50

This happened hours ago, so they're probably tucked up in bed fast asleep.

SparklyUnicornPoo Thu 02-Mar-17 23:39:34

Be careful OP and please let someone in real life know where you are/what you're doing, why, if possible take someone with you, but yes, I'd be going back round there too.

Crispbutty Thu 02-Mar-17 23:40:29

How old is your niece?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now