Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

In thinking sil shouldn't come over today?

(11 Posts)
bummymummy77 Thu 02-Mar-17 19:33:41

Sil is expecting her 2nd dd in one month.

She had dd1 3 weeks early.

She coming over to stay with mil for a few days this afternoon.

I'm on the verge of telling her not to come but not sure if I'm being ott.

We live on an island and the weather tonight is looking like you won't be able to get a boat off or a helicopter life flight on or off. From about a month before I had ds I would always make sure I was off the island if it looked like we were going to have bad weather. And as I said before, she was three weeks early with dd. Am I being ott?

At what point nearing the end of pregnancy would those of you who've had dcs feel you wanted to have access to medical services? We'll have one on call physicians assistant on the island so not even a doctor.

She's planning a home birth again (after how quick the last baby came ill probably end up delivering this one by myself confused) as I did but I feel this is too risky.

I want to text her not to come but know it'll result in a lot of sulking and mil being narky at me.

ollieplimsoles Thu 02-Mar-17 19:37:28

You live there and know the ins and outs, you feel its not a good idea so I would tell her not to come. Not a great position to put you in.

Can I ask- is she planning to have a home birth in your home?

Foldedtshirt Thu 02-Mar-17 19:39:39

Are you a helicopter pilot or a midwife?
Do sil and mil have special needs or no access to the internet or other sources of news?
Assuming none of the above is true, keep out if it. Even if the very worse happens, it's not your fault and as you've predicted you'll get a whole lot of grief for suggesting she doesn't come.
Poor thing, she's probably fed up and just wants her mum.

bummymummy77 Thu 02-Mar-17 19:40:21

No mil's thank God! I'm not adverse to the homebirth bit, just her being over here so early and not being able to get off or get a midwife on!

Sirzy Thu 02-Mar-17 19:43:23

Presumably she is able to decide for herself and is aware of the weather and the remote nature of the island? So she can make her own decision.

DoublyTroubly Thu 02-Mar-17 20:12:18

I would text her to warn her about the weather and that it means there won't be any boats or helicopters running (unless she knows that already) but otherwise it's up to her to make the decision

MycatsaPirate Thu 02-Mar-17 20:15:09

Does your home insurance cover carpet?

miserableandinpain Thu 02-Mar-17 21:46:37

Can mil not go stay at hers instead...?

TheresABluebirdOnMyShoulder Thu 02-Mar-17 21:51:58

I think you have to text her and warn her about the weather and just check she realises this means no medical assistance in the event that she goes into labour. If she doesn't live on the island then it might not have occurred to her. Then it's her choice whether to take that risk and you can sleep easy knowing that you've raised your concerns.

bummymummy77 Thu 02-Mar-17 22:42:28

Mil and fil both have told her they don't think she should come. I thirded it and she said there's no way the baby is coming yet.

Now she's here she's getting all hysterical about being stuck here. I knew this would happen which is why I said something. Glad I'm not in that house right now!

We are NOT having the birth in our house. They've asked several times and dh is not having it. 😂

TheOnlyLivingBoyinNewCork Thu 02-Mar-17 22:45:49

I'm on the verge of telling her not to come but not sure if I'm being ott

She's a grown adult who can go where she pleases. If its a bad idea, its her bad idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now