We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bin man just dumped rejected recycling bags outside my house

(8 Posts)
DeeNR Thu 02-Mar-17 12:38:37

Pissed off. They did this last week as well. They Chuck all the bags from quite a few houses into a wheelie bin then catch up to the truck which stops outside my house, decide which ones the won't take and throw them in front of my garden. I had a word, said not from this house and he picked them up and threw them onto my next door neighbour's drive. I felt bad so took bin bags out and cleared their drive. No reason to think they're from their house either. Surely they should decide what they won't take a bit earlier in the proceedings.

TheMerryWidow1 Thu 02-Mar-17 12:46:02

contact the council?

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Thu 02-Mar-17 12:47:43

Ring up the council.

Doyouwantabrew Thu 02-Mar-17 12:48:12

No not acceptable contact your council.

DioneTheDiabolist Thu 02-Mar-17 12:53:20

Call the council and report him now.

Noodoodle Thu 02-Mar-17 13:04:26

As pp said, report. Their manager won't be happy, technically aren't they fly tipping?!

FrenchLavender Thu 02-Mar-17 13:05:54

I would wait with your phone and film him if he does this again and report it. Totally not acceptable.

peukpokicuzo Thu 02-Mar-17 13:10:18

Yes that's fly tipping. Fair enough for them to have rules and reject bags that don't follow the rules but it is absolutely unacceptable for them to pick a random innocent person in the street and dump them. They should leave them in the front of the houses that put them out.

Complain to the council, and do so every time - whether or not you are the victim because if you only complain when they pick your house they will just carry on with a different victim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now