Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to hate the V I POO advert

(9 Posts)
CharlieDimmocksbosoms Thu 02-Mar-17 09:16:26

Just that really. Do we need to see the poo in the toilet? Even if it's a graphic? Ok so my GS 3 thinks it's hilarious but it put me off my breakfast this morning.

HerBluebiro Thu 02-Mar-17 09:27:42

Not seen it. So not sure what you mean, or what medium it is on. But maybe don't watch TV or use a computer whilst you eat?

CharlieDimmocksbosoms Thu 02-Mar-17 09:32:09

It was on TV. Just didn't expect it I guess. shock

Chloe84 Thu 02-Mar-17 09:44:48

Herbluebiro

Why so snippy? TV content is available on various media, including TVs and computers so doesn't matter what medium it is on.

Maybe don't comment on the post if you haven't seen the ad?

Soubriquet Thu 02-Mar-17 09:45:48

Yeah I haven't seen it either

YouTube seems to bring up loads..is it the movie star one?

CharlieDimmocksbosoms Thu 02-Mar-17 09:52:10

Yes. The movie star. The poo is made to look like 3 large chocolate cheerios. Just why?? I can't link it for some reason.

Soubriquet Thu 02-Mar-17 09:56:11

I must say I have seen worse

You know it's fake but then again my dh wouldn't like it whilst he is eating either

HerBluebiro Thu 02-Mar-17 09:58:50

That is my point chole. If it were in a magazine i'd say don't read whilst eating breakfast.

Why do something that risks destroying a pleasurable experience? I mean sure loads of breakfasts are quite utilitarian (wheatabix for me this morning). But there is enough in most media to sap the little bit of pleasure that remains from it.

Be that awful news on the radio. Irritating children's adverts. Donald Trump (in general). Cartoon violence on children's TV. Mumsnet sniping.

Just do the one thing. Enjoy it. Move on to the next. And if you don't like something, turn it off. If you feel truly against it complain to ASA. But why choose to make yourself miserable?

Littlefrogletx Thu 02-Mar-17 10:32:36

Its pretty rank yeah, but its got people talking and I know I'll buy some just to test it out!!
So from an advertising point of view its a good advert.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now