Talk

Advanced search

Mums never turned up- vol 2!

(96 Posts)
hungryhippo90 Thu 02-Mar-17 09:16:22

If anyone remembers my post about mums who invited me to join them for breakfast. There wasn't any real reason why it never happened. Just so and so was Ill and another who said that they don't go to these things.

I promise I was pretty good. Did the whole! I thought I'd turned up at the wrong time! Haha!

Now none of them talk to me. They just walk past me.

I've been a bit tongue tied, but I've been nothing but bright and happy and lovely.

I smile at everyone. And i just get blanked.

c3pu Thu 02-Mar-17 09:17:42

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

You're well rid.

Sunnysky2016 Thu 02-Mar-17 09:19:06

How does it make you feel? Worried, anxious or not bothered?

gleam Thu 02-Mar-17 09:20:22

How pathetic of them.

hungryhippo90 Thu 02-Mar-17 09:23:36

Sunny sky- it makes me feel sad and anxious.

Does seem a bit pathetic doesn't it? I don't really understand the motivation to be honest. It just seems quite spiteful from where I'm standing.

Somevampsarehot Thu 02-Mar-17 09:24:16

Well you're better off without them then. I know it's gonna suck for a little while, especially if you have to see them on the school run, but there WILL be other mums out there who will want to be friends with you and will value you. Are there any other mums that you speak to on the school run? You could maybe try building those relationship ships instead? I do feel for you, it feels really shit to be left out, let alone blatantly ignored flowers

FeralBeryl Thu 02-Mar-17 09:25:06

It's not pathetic! How hurtful, I'd have been really upset by this too. Do you have a link to your old thread?

Angryangryyoungwoman Thu 02-Mar-17 09:25:59

They are cruel and pathetic. Ignore them.

Thinkingblonde Thu 02-Mar-17 09:26:36

Blanking you means their guilty consciences are showing. How petty.
Be cool but polite. They are not worthy of your friendship.

Bloopbleep Thu 02-Mar-17 09:28:34

How horrible of them!

Think of it as a lucky escape. You don't need people like that in your life.

Rainatnight Thu 02-Mar-17 09:28:37

You're well rid. They sound like ridiculous teenagers. I always think one of the best things about being grown up is that you don't HAVE to spend time with anyone you don't want to, they way you did in school. So enjoy the glorious freedom to stay away from these bitches.

Aeroflotgirl Thu 02-Mar-17 09:33:03

They sound immature, pathetic and childish, treat them how they treat you. There are nice friends out there💐💐

MsAnnThropic Thu 02-Mar-17 09:33:09

Oh. They sound vile. I have no words of wisdom really, but I lurked on your last thread. Sorry this has happened.... It speaks volumes about the sort of people they are. This is a reflection on them, not you.

RB68 Thu 02-Mar-17 09:34:29

Please look to find other Mums - I hate the forced relationships of shared children of the same age only thing in common type - please feel free to think you have had a lucky escape and an insight into how they would behave going forward.

Bloody idiots

The80sweregreat Thu 02-Mar-17 09:36:26

I do remember your original post - sorry that they are blanking you, but its really their loss. The whole school gate thing is very tricky sometimes and it sounds as if your better off without any of them.
smiling and being pleasant is hard, but it says more about you than them.
they sound awful.
your really better off without them. you will find better people in your life as you sound lovely. take carex

Funnyface1 Thu 02-Mar-17 09:38:14

Sounds like life did you a favour by only involving you briefly with them. Don't let it do anything to your self esteem, it's not about you, it's obviously a problem on their side, who behaves like that? Go find some nice mums, you deserve it.

Maudlinmaud Thu 02-Mar-17 09:38:39

So do you think it was intentional to invite you and not show up, just leave you sat there? If so they are a nasty bunch.

thetemptationofchocolate Thu 02-Mar-17 09:38:52

It seems quite spiteful to me too. I'm sorry you've had the misfortune to encounter such an unpleasant group of people. Please don't think it's your fault, because it won't be. You are not the cause of other peoples' fuckwittery.

If I were you, I'd be storing up some internal dialogue for school pick ups & drop offs. Maybe a happy little song, or a favourite comedy sketch. Something that you can replay in your head which will make you smile. You cannot change these unkind women but you can change how you feel about them by minimising their impact on you.

Good luck, and remember, you are better than they are as you would never treat another person as they have treated you.

gleam Thu 02-Mar-17 09:41:34

I really don't understand why people would act like this. What do they get out of it? confused

Aeroflotgirl Thu 02-Mar-17 09:42:54

Reading your latest post, It would not surprise me if them not turning up was intentional, what a nasty spiteful bunch. You don't even have to be nice to them, you owe them nothing. Treat them how they treat you, and just ignore them.

Doyouwantabrew Thu 02-Mar-17 09:43:50

I remember your thread. How many of them are there? It does sound odd to encounter a bunch of bitches like this. I expect there's one queen bee who pulls all the strings.

Op you carry on being yourself, smile and move on. There will most defiantly be nicer mums out there keep looking.

They will have done this to others before you it's their issue not yours silly cows.

Carno13 Thu 02-Mar-17 09:44:26

I remember your original thread.. I feel for you that is so nasty. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of seeing you hurt.. nasty, nasty cows you are better off without them in your life x

MoonfaceAndSilky Thu 02-Mar-17 09:48:19

I expect there's one queen bee who pulls all the strings.
Yep and all the rest weak ones follow like sheep. Really don't let them get you down hungryhippo - you are worth 10 of them spiteful sad bitches

EmGee Thu 02-Mar-17 09:50:40

I remember your original thread too. How mean of them. I can see why it would make you feel sad and anxious. Easy for all of us to say 'oh ignore them, you're well rid'. Well yes you are, but you still have to see them and deal with this nastiness.

In your position, I would continue to be polite and pleasant (e.g. say hello) and that way you know you have the moral high ground. I hope you meet some other nice parents there soon.

HecateAntaia Thu 02-Mar-17 09:51:10

what a crappy thing to do to you.

Hurtful, but at least you now know that they aren't worth your time.

Just smile and nod, don't let them think they bother you one tiny bit. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now