Talk

Advanced search

To be fed up with zombie threads?!

(8 Posts)
PageStillNotFound404 Thu 02-Mar-17 00:14:17

This is not a TAAT as it's not just one thread. At the moment it feels as though zombie threads are everywhere! I know there are always a few knocking around but they seem particularly prevalent at the moment. I must have opened 4 or 5 just in the last day or so, in various parts of the site, and read a varying number of posts before noticing the date and stropping off with a heartfelt "FFS". It wouldn't be so bad if it were the OP coming back to update or the reviver acknowledging that it's an old thread, but it never is; it's always someone answering the original question as if it had just been posted this morning.

Come on people, that cartoon zombie at the bottom of the page isn't just for decoration!

someonestolemynick Thu 02-Mar-17 00:18:30

I really don't get the issue. Close the tread and forget about it. Yabu

WorraLiberty Thu 02-Mar-17 00:27:25

YANBU, if I live to be 100 I will never understand why HQ won't lock them automatically after 6 months.

That way they're still there for reference and if anyone has something really important to add, they can just start a new thread and link to the old one.

It's weird.

FormerlyFrikadela01 Thu 02-Mar-17 00:31:25

I do get a bit fed up with zombie threads. However there was an absolute blinder of a thread yesterday (or Monday, I forget) that got revived then took a rather intriguing turn. Shame it got zapped.

PageStillNotFound404 Thu 02-Mar-17 00:38:43

That's a good idea Worra. Maybe make an exception for threads moved to Classics, and have everything else locked down after the 'time limit'.

someone of course it's not affecting the fate of nations but several times this week I've opened an interesting-sounded thread, read the OP, begun to mentally form a reply to give help or advice, started to read the replies to see if my point has already been made more eloquently...and then realised that the OP's dilemma or request for opinions was posted in 2010 or 2013 or similar so I've completely wasted my time and mental energy. I did just close the thread and move on the first 3/4 times it happened but it's just occurred again (in Baby Names FFS...the child will be at school now!) and that's what prompted me to post.

MongerTruffle Thu 02-Mar-17 07:01:25

Come on people, that cartoon zombie at the bottom of the page isn't just for decoration!

There's no cartoon zombie. It just says "FYI: this thread hasn't been posted on for over a year." After someone resurrects the thread, the message disappears.

PageStillNotFound404 Thu 02-Mar-17 12:54:26

There used to be a cartoon zombie. Where did he go?

Desperina Thu 02-Mar-17 22:38:55

I don't see any notification in the app confused

So I'm always falling for zombie threads!,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now