Talk

Advanced search

To think I HAD asked for tea

(5 Posts)
Peopleplease Wed 01-Mar-17 19:39:43

DH is awesome and has just cooked dinner so this isn't a LTB thread. Just curious -

I have a cold, nothing major just headache, stuffed nose, sensitive skin & coughing my guts up. DH asked me if I wanted a Lemsip, I said I'd prefer tea and then I left the kitchen as 9 week old DD was crying. After a little while no tea was forthcoming.

I went back into the kitchen and DH was doing the washing up so I made my own tea. I said, with a smile, that I didn't realise he objected to making tea (or something like that, I wasn't snappy) and he replied 'well you should have said 'can you make me tea'. I kinda thought I HAD, with the whole I'd prefer tea comment.

So AIBU to have thought he was going to make me tea??

Stiddleficks Wed 01-Mar-17 19:41:33

YANBU though my dh takes things quite literally and would have thought if I wanted tea instead I would make it myself or ask him outright so I sympathise.

Stiddleficks Wed 01-Mar-17 19:41:54

And congratulations on the baby flowers

iwannapuppy Wed 01-Mar-17 19:42:07

Men are stupid. You need to spell it out. YANBU but that's from a woman's point of view.

Diel Wed 01-Mar-17 19:42:09

Nope, I'd take this as a request for tea. Easy to cross wires though. Gett well soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now