Talk

Advanced search

to wonder about party numbers?

(9 Posts)
Diel Wed 01-Mar-17 16:49:10

I am having a significant birthday party in 4 weeks and have invited friends and family by fb invite, phone or in person. The hall holds 100 and I have invited 100 but almost have have either not replied or have said they will 'try' to come. Is this usual? Should I over invite to ensure some people come?Are non posted invites ignored? Also need to know about numbers for food. Grrr...rembering why I never throw parties!

Diel Wed 01-Mar-17 16:49:55

Sorry...should say 'almost half'

Allthebestnamesareused Wed 01-Mar-17 17:13:20

When I see a facebook invite I would just assume it was a general invite and not specifically for me. Like just a turn up if you can invite.

For my significant birthday I sent out actual invites in the post and asked for RSVP by email or text and even received some lovely acceptance card.

Everyone RSVPed!

SparkleTwinkleGoldGlitter Wed 01-Mar-17 17:17:13

proper postal invites with rsvp by email or post are needed! Facebook is a pain in the backside for these things and people like me only check Facebook every few weeks

Diel Wed 01-Mar-17 18:37:19

Thank you! Real invites seem the way to go smile

Dontwantanicknamethanks Wed 01-Mar-17 19:01:50

Treat it like ur planning a wedding! People will feel more obliged to reply then

Marmitelover55 Wed 01-Mar-17 19:06:21

I recently had a significant birthday party. I sent out some invites and did others in FB for those who I knew use it alot. I think I created an event and then invited people. Most people did reply bug I think I did put another message in there a couple of weeks befor asking for confirmation from those I hadn't heard from - I used catering as the reason for chasing. The remaining few replied at that point. I invited about 100 and about 85 came.

Marmitelover55 Wed 01-Mar-17 19:06:46

Sorry about typos!

Diel Wed 01-Mar-17 19:37:35

Thanks for the advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now