Talk

Advanced search

Annoyed - drinks at work

(124 Posts)
ChanningsPony Wed 01-Mar-17 15:56:49

So, I've been in my new job for a few months now and we all share making teas and coffees.

I like doing it sometimes, chance to walk about and get away from the screen. I'll do it once a day or so for 5/6 people and we take it in turns with no issue.

I like sugar in my drink. Another team member feels like I shouldn't have sugar and will not put it in. Just one sugar, that's all I have.
Surely, it's up to me if I would like sugar or not and not for them to dictate?

AIBU to put milk in their black coffee everyday? grin grin

Heathcliff27 Wed 01-Mar-17 15:57:59

Haha i would do it but thats just me grin

Scottishchick39 Wed 01-Mar-17 15:58:02

Yep I would. Keep sugar sachets in your desk too.

Heathcliff27 Wed 01-Mar-17 15:58:24

Yy to keeping a stash of sugarcubes in your drawer

expatinscotland Wed 01-Mar-17 15:58:44

'Another team member feels like I shouldn't have sugar and will not put it in. Just one sugar, that's all I have.
Surely, it's up to me if I would like sugar or not and not for them to dictate?

AIBU to put milk in their black coffee everyday? grin grin'

I wouldn't bother making them one at all and when it's their round, decline. Fucking arsey to do this. Sick of the fucking food police.

Trifleorbust Wed 01-Mar-17 15:58:55

Totally up to you - why on earth would they refuse to add sugar to your drink? Just make your own when they offer and leave them out of the round when it's your turn.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Wed 01-Mar-17 16:00:57

I like sugar in my drink. Another team member feels like I shouldn't have sugar and will not put it in. Just one sugar, that's all I have.

Are you a teacher? In Scotland?

If so, I apologise for my mother's behaviour.

ChanningsPony Wed 01-Mar-17 16:01:08

It's so petty it's funny. Don't know them well enough to say they're being a twat yet but I'll get there.

grin

WatchingFromTheWings Wed 01-Mar-17 16:02:27

I'd be putting sugar in their drink.

ChanningsPony Wed 01-Mar-17 16:02:59

They offered one earlier and I made a point of saying "yes please, coffee with milk and one sugar please"

"You'll be lucky" was the response shock

onalongsabbatical Wed 01-Mar-17 16:03:19

Oh, god, why do people like that feel they have any kind of right to police your drink? One sugar?
TBH I'd be tempted to put arsenic in his drink. Wouldn't do it, but I'd fantasise.
Yes, keep your own sugar. What a PITA.

GeillisTheWitch Wed 01-Mar-17 16:03:37

I had a colleague who used to do similar, she would put the sugar in but deliberately not stir it so it all sat at the bottom. Nippy wee cow that she was.

ReginaGeorgeinSheepsClothing Wed 01-Mar-17 16:04:34

Is it just you or do they not make anyone's the way they request?? What a fanny!

TheOnlyLivingBoyinNewCork Wed 01-Mar-17 16:04:50

Put sugar and milk in their drink when its your turn. If they complain, you say "Oh I thought I'd make yours like I like mine, like you do when you make my drink" smile

onalongsabbatical Wed 01-Mar-17 16:05:28

He is behaving like an arse. He's behaving as if you're sitting there eating fifteen burgers in a row at your desk and then asking him to fetch you another. Can you report him?

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 01-Mar-17 16:05:42

Definitely put laxatives sugar and milk in theirs.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 01-Mar-17 16:06:25

Well she/he knows you well enough to dictate what you can and can't eat or drink. Therefore you know them well enough to say they're being a twat.
Why people have such an invested interest In what other people do never ceases to amaze

ChanningsPony Wed 01-Mar-17 16:06:30

Ha ha! TheOnlyLivingBoy. I think I'll try that

EverythingEverywhere1234 Wed 01-Mar-17 16:06:41

Don't offer them one, don't accept one from them. Job done.

00100001 Wed 01-Mar-17 16:06:45

What an oddball.

Confront them. Ask them why they won't put sugar in. Make them feel bad, by saying something like "Is it because you think I'm fat?" they'll back track and then put the sugar in.

either that or make a palaver about having to put the sugar in.

and then forget to put something in theirs (like the coffee!)

SparkleTwinkleGoldGlitter Wed 01-Mar-17 16:13:30

People like this annoy me so much!

I have either a piece of cake or flapjack on the days I buy my lunch from the sandwich man at work and have 1 colleague that feels it's ok to start saying about the sugar and how the chopped veg pot would be better. I mean piss off susan I want the cake!

OP keep sachets of sugar at work and once she puts your coffee down get your sugar out so she can see

amusedbush Wed 01-Mar-17 16:14:02

What a weirdo! Why does it bother them so much if someone else takes sugar?? confused

ChanningsPony Wed 01-Mar-17 16:14:45

Good thinking.
Maybe be I'll buy a HUGE bag of sugar and leave it on my desk

SanitysSake Wed 01-Mar-17 16:14:51

I'd be putting three sugars in their drink until they got the bloody point.

Nobbers.

bigearsthethird Wed 01-Mar-17 16:17:20

Keep a tub of sugar on your desk for the times when they make your drink!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now