Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask if anyone on here has ever taught a celebrity at school?

(18 Posts)
JoeyJoeJoeJuniorShabadu Wed 01-Mar-17 06:52:50

What were they like as a student at school?

PossumInAPearTree Wed 01-Mar-17 07:00:30

I think it would be very unprofessional and unfair for a teacher to comment. Can't imagine any current teacher who values their job would.

vickibee Wed 01-Mar-17 07:09:13

I taught an England standard well known cricket star in 90s, his cricket talent was exceptional even then

BewtySkoolDropowt Wed 01-Mar-17 08:36:22

I'm curious, what paper do you write for?

newpup Wed 01-Mar-17 09:02:44

hmm Thinking any comments will appear in a newspaper tomorrow!

Applebite Wed 01-Mar-17 09:12:23

My mum taught at a school in Manchester. Lots of football scouts would turn up to watch the boys in the playground.

One liked dressing up in the princess outfit from the fancy dress box. A lot.

He now plays in the premier league...

Applebite Wed 01-Mar-17 09:12:59

... bet the fans would have some chants if they knew about that, being the tolerant and accepting bunch that they generally are wink

DramaQueenofHighCs Wed 01-Mar-17 09:14:57

My grandad had a few minor celebs who used to 'attend his lessons'. He never liked to say he 'taught' them in case they ever came out with something really stupid! grin

Astoria7974 Wed 01-Mar-17 09:19:15

I tutored a well known footballer to get through his GCSEs when he was 16. His mum refused to let him sign any contracts until he got at least 1 lol.

derxa Wed 01-Mar-17 09:44:21

I tutored a well known footballer to get through his GCSEs when he was 16. His mum refused to let him sign any contracts until he got at least 1 lol.
Lovely hmm

HailMarys Wed 01-Mar-17 09:49:37

I'm an academic, and briefly taught a famous actor who came to university as a mature student, but why would I confide any details for the sake of the DM?

exexpat Wed 01-Mar-17 09:54:32

I know someone who taught Nigel Farage at school. He was apparently as vile then as he is now.

TeenAndTween Wed 01-Mar-17 10:00:57

My Great Uncle taught Prince Philip.
But that's going back a few years now ...

PerpendicularVincent Wed 01-Mar-17 10:03:24

I know someone who taught a famous actress. She came over to their house for tea a few times with her tutorial group and was apparently absolutely lovely.

DailyMailSucks Wed 01-Mar-17 10:08:39

The Daily Mail really sucks.

Roanoke Wed 01-Mar-17 10:09:56

Why so star-struck? They're just people. There isn't anything different or special about them.

I attended a theatre school. A number of classmates now on TV. But what does it matter? You don't know them now; you won't know them any better for trading on their anecdotes.

Megatherium Wed 01-Mar-17 10:36:21

The other way round. Many, many years ago I went to a tutorial college briefly and was taught English by an absolutely brilliant tutor who was lovely. Several years later I read that the author Penelope Fitzgerald had taught in that college, remembered that my tutor was a Mrs Fitzgerald, found a picture of her and joined the dots.

Meluzyna Wed 01-Mar-17 10:48:07

My husband taught a bloke who appears regularly on the TV in adverts, many of which are quite funny.... we spent a happy hour the other day watching them all on You Tube - but that's as close as we've got to anyone even remotely famous - as far as I can remember.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now