Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off with myself

(9 Posts)
justilou Wed 01-Mar-17 01:06:33

Last year I lost 40kg.... I was starting to feel really good about myself for the first time in thirteen years. Then in November I relocated with my family from Europe back to Australia and three days before Christmas my mother died. We are broke. Insanely broke - and my diet has been one of the consequences. (Food here is really expensive.) That is one of the excuses. We all gorged on the crap here that we couldn't get back there, it's been sooooo hot and I'm not coping (true - I never did like the heat) so I've been much less active and might have eaten gelato a lot more frequently. To cut it short, I've put ten kilos back on. I know I can lose it, but I'm pissed off because I feel I've let myself down - plus I put myself back into the denial mode that saw the weight creep up and up in the first place. How could I have done this to myself???

justilou Wed 01-Mar-17 01:07:40

Btw - I bought some scales today. Suspect a weekly weigh-in is going to have to be a lifelong habit now.

highinthesky Wed 01-Mar-17 01:09:56

Don't be so hard on yourself, you're still grieving.

Walk for an hour every day. It's free and you'll feel better for it.

categed Wed 01-Mar-17 01:24:26

If you're an emotional eater then life will impact on your weight. Just stay in control by not allowing the excess eating to become your normal again. Well done for the 40kg loss and good luck with losing the rest 🤗🤗

SorrelSoup Wed 01-Mar-17 01:36:42

Don't be so hard on yourself. You've turned to food for comfort, a lot of us do that. You've faced it now and can hopefully start to adjust to your new life in Oz. Sorry about your mum, and how everything is hard right now. Can you work out a handful of cheap healthy meals? I remember being in NZ and a cucumber costing £3! It's hard to get your head round it.

stolemyusername Wed 01-Mar-17 03:19:49

Firstly, I'm really sorry about your mum.

I'm in Oz too, last year I lost 14kg and was really doing well (started in September). Then I allowed myself 2 weeks of freedom for Christmas - big mistake 😏 it's now March and I'm kidding myself that my half arsed effort is enough, I've put 2kg back on. It's been ridiculously hot this last 6 weeks, so I'm not surprised you're not exercising.

Plus, it's $7 for a flipping cauliflower in Coles, strawberries are crap this year but timtams are constantly on special.

JonesyAndTheSalad Wed 01-Mar-17 03:50:12

flowers So sorry for your loss.

I'm also in Oz....we've moved back too....last year.

I find with food, you have to keep it really simple...and cut back on meat. We only have meat once a week and that's healthier anyway.

We make our own ice lollies and never buy biscuits and cakes...we make our own.

Have you tried Aldi here yet?

JonesyAndTheSalad Wed 01-Mar-17 03:50:24

Oh...and Autumn's on the way!

justilou Wed 01-Mar-17 04:08:33

Thanks for bucking me up ladies! I am low carb/high protein committed again. (Or my hair falls out - don't want to go there again!)
Have started working out my eating plan and am going to meal-prep tonight. Doesn't feel like Autumn here - but it's Melbourne, so it probably will before too long! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now