Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think it was not fair that ex managed to visit sick grandad

(6 Posts)
Lonelymummyof1 Wed 01-Mar-17 00:05:09

The title probably sound worse than it it but only way I could put it ! .

He left me and very sick daughter very early on and moved country.
He visits maybe once every 6-8 months.
I rang him many times during very serious times one being a very life threatning surgery and another being a critical time where our child was in ICU fighting for her life.
He never once offered to come which I put down to distance.
Then I got a phone call one morning saying could he come and see her the next day ( she was well at the time ) because he is on the drop of a flying to see his grandad who he had not seen in 10 years ( lives in another country ) because he is in hospital sick.
His connecting flight was to england and staying here the night before flying again to grandad .
I am a bit annoyed that he would do this at the drop of the hat for his grandad he had not seen in 10 years but not for his young child.
( grandad was discharged the day he got there )

( distance although a diff country it is still uk ) grandad lives in another european country.

AIBU to be a bit pissed off or I am I just selfish.

justilou Wed 01-Mar-17 00:06:45

What's the bet he's cruising for an inheritance???

Lonelymummyof1 Wed 01-Mar-17 00:10:21

Haha probably
I tried the raise the situation but he did not seem to understand why I was upset that he went to see his sick grandad.
Do not get me wrong I am not against it just do not understand how he can do that but no fly to london to for his own child.
Mind you tbh I am not sure of he does not care or is actually just a bit thick.

BestZebbie Wed 01-Mar-17 00:20:24

Did his Mum order him to visit the granddad but not know about your hospitalisation at the time?

highinthesky Wed 01-Mar-17 00:44:32

Don't change your plans to accommodate him. If he fits in around them, fine.

Yes you're right to be annoyed but taking it out on DD won't help. You might want to make it clear to your ex though, so he understands your resentment.

Mrsdraper1 Wed 01-Mar-17 09:57:15

justilou, my thoughts exactly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now