Talk

Advanced search

... to ask someone to find the sausagemeat-omelette recipe for me?

(17 Posts)
multivac Tue 28-Feb-17 21:26:25

It was on a thread the other day - possibly here, or in Chat. I can't remember the thread title, but it was along the lines of 'omigod I just made something quick and easy for tea that all the kids loved!' and it was full of really handy recipes. One of which, as far as I recall, simply involved shoving sausagemeat and eggs into a baking dish and sticking it in the oven for half an hour. It sounded proper tasty.

So I found some nice-looking gf sausage meat today, and thought I'd try it - but did I bookmark the thread? No. And surely there must be more to it than just squishing the sausagemeat and some beaten eggs into a tin?

Can anyone help, please?

winkywinkybumbum Tue 28-Feb-17 21:36:41

I thought it was just pack and egg rather than actual sausage meat.

winkywinkybumbum Tue 28-Feb-17 21:37:00

pack = paxo

multivac Tue 28-Feb-17 21:39:28

Oh bloody hell - have I done that thing where I've mixed up two recipes again (Rachel-from-friends style)?

I think you might be right (because it definitely had to be Paxo) - but I'm sure there was something with sausagemeat...

Need the threaaaadddd!

winkywinkybumbum Tue 28-Feb-17 21:44:26

grin

winkywinkybumbum Tue 28-Feb-17 21:45:39

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/food_and_recipes/2860658-I-just-made-a-really-quick-meal-which-my-children-loved-Share-your-after-work-quick-tea-successes

NSEA Tue 28-Feb-17 21:46:23

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/food_and_recipes/2860658-I-just-made-a-really-quick-meal-which-my-children-loved-Share-your-after-work-quick-tea-successes

DoJo Tue 28-Feb-17 21:46:43

The paxo and egg one was called omloaf so a search for that might help!

NSEA Tue 28-Feb-17 21:46:49

Ah winky beat me to it!!

birdladyfromhomealone Tue 28-Feb-17 21:48:31

thanks i wanted this too!

multivac Tue 28-Feb-17 21:55:31

Thank you!

<<bookmarks>>

multivac Tue 28-Feb-17 22:03:42

ok, that's weird. So I've gone through all the thread, and I cannot find the quick and easy recipe that calls for 'sausagemeat, or sausages squeezed out of their skins' (well, there is one on page six, but that includes 'fennel seeds', and I'm not going there).

Have I confused, not two recipes, but two threads?

And what, now, am I going to do with my gluten-free sausagemeat and eggs? Might the omloaf thing still work, d'you think?

Lovewineandchocs Wed 01-Mar-17 19:09:27

There's a sausage stuffing one on page 9 of that thread, posted by Welshmist. You could make the stuffing then use it in the omloaf grin

multivac Wed 01-Mar-17 21:55:53

Oh, lovewine, that was the one I was half-remembering and mixing up with the omloaf - thank you! Not sure how I missed it reading back...

Lovewineandchocs Thu 02-Mar-17 00:21:19

Easily done-let us know what it's like if you make it grin

Huldra Thu 02-Mar-17 07:13:06

We make a sausage meat loaf out of tube of sausage meat, one egg, handful of paxo. Extra pepper, tomatoes puree and herbs to taste.
I somtims get a pack of puff pastry, put the mix in and have a big sausage meat plait thing, or as I tell the kids its Giant Sausage roll night.

Huldra Thu 02-Mar-17 07:15:34

If you want the meat loaf thing it's best cooked in a loaf tin to keep a good shape to cut.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now