Talk

Advanced search

To think brand beckham is in trouble

(28 Posts)
Whosafraidofabigduckfart Tue 28-Feb-17 20:54:24

Is there anyway back for Brand Beckham.

I saw an article about David Beckham flipping pancakes - I know he loves his kids πŸ˜„ in the daily mail - the comments were terrible.

Is there any way back - the whole thing smacks of desperation now

SilentlyScreamingAgain Tue 28-Feb-17 21:00:35

I feel no more or less positive towards DB now that I know he wants a knighthood and can spell 'fuck'.

A MNer was kind enough to explain just how much some women (she) wants to look at photos of him in his pants and in such an impassioned way, I'm willing to go to the barricades for her.

CowLickBuddha Tue 28-Feb-17 21:01:48

Is there any way back? What difference does it make if they're flogging themselves for a shitty whisky, some overpriced pants or a rag like the daily fail? I think if I was a Beckham I'd not give a toss about how my brand was doing because I'd gotten so rich off the backs of fools.

Coldntired Tue 28-Feb-17 21:02:48

I used to really fancy him.

Then I started following him on Instagram and it's really put me off.
He's a big show offy nob.

Whosafraidofabigduckfart Tue 28-Feb-17 21:03:38

Perhaps he needs to do some nude paddle boarding a la Orlando Bloom πŸ˜„ for his core base πŸ˜†πŸ˜„πŸ˜†πŸ˜„

Whosafraidofabigduckfart Tue 28-Feb-17 21:05:14

Cow lick - you'd think but I guess for some - the adulation is addictive

CowLickBuddha Wed 01-Mar-17 16:38:48

It's kind of how I feel about Brad Pitt. He is a wankstain of immeasurable proportions but I loved him at 17 and can't quite rid myself of the habit.

The80sweregreat Wed 01-Mar-17 16:41:37

I am sure they will be fine. The Fail is always full of trolls and horrible people putting others down.

RortyCrankle Wed 01-Mar-17 16:42:24

I doubt very much that any of the Beckhams give a toss what anyone thinks of them. Why would they?

SometimesRhymns Wed 01-Mar-17 16:47:16

The Fail is always full of trolls and horrible people putting others down

Unlike MN

noeffingidea Wed 01-Mar-17 16:56:32

Rorty of course they care, that is what having a brand is all about.

AgathaRaisonDetra Wed 01-Mar-17 16:59:18

Link please!! dons hard hat

alltouchedout Wed 01-Mar-17 17:06:01

Is there a DM story not accompanied by a bunch of nasty comments?

DB will always be immensely beautiful and I will always have a soft spot for the family (probably because almost all my friends hate VB and I don't get the vitriol)

TheNaze73 Wed 01-Mar-17 17:07:16

They'll survive, Victoria will make sure. I really admire her

GwenStaceyRocks Wed 01-Mar-17 17:09:58

I don't know anyone in RL who cares so I doubt the 'trouble' will impact their brand. well except with Katherine Jenkins' fans

foodtime Wed 01-Mar-17 17:10:38

I doubt very much that any of the Beckhams give a toss what anyone thinks of them. Why would they?

Of course they do. That's how they make money

BeMorePanda Wed 01-Mar-17 17:11:43

why would the Beckhams be immune from the nasty fuckers who comment on the DM articles?

Its a website built on hate with a readership comprised mostly of arseholes/haters/trolls. Nothing new in any of it. I don't think it means anyones world is ending.

PointxTaken Wed 01-Mar-17 17:13:46

They are just having a bad time, not the first one and possibly not the last. People will get bored and forget about it. I don't think they are in any trouble at all.
I do like Victoria. Both of them started with nothing, and have worked hard to be where they are. Victoria has managed to go from a joke in the fashion world to a respected fashionista (whatever the word). There are worst role models to follow frankly.

SeaEagleFeather Wed 01-Mar-17 17:20:08

I should think the Beckhams would be immune to hate by now

DevelopingDetritus Wed 01-Mar-17 17:27:01

I've no idea with what's going on with them confused

StickyMouse Wed 01-Mar-17 17:32:15

YANBU I am sure that the Beckams are sitting in one of their Beckenham palaces shitting themselves that DM readers are saying "not very nice" things about them.... its why Victoria hasn't been papped with that big smile on her face recently.

seriously though, the fashion world love VB's work, DB has mahoosive royalties and serious Wonga from the modelling stuff, I think that they will be ok.

A1Sharon Wed 01-Mar-17 17:33:07

[[ theblacksea.eu/index.php?idT=88&idC=88&idRec=1297&recType=story This]] article was linked to a few weeks when this surfaced.
I never gave DB a second thought in my life, but when I read this I thought he was a complete tosser, if its true.
I also never believed that they cared about Brand Beckham, but apparently that is forever in their minds.
who would want to live like that? They have completely lost touch with reality.

Kikikaakaa Wed 01-Mar-17 17:37:06

I dislike BeyoncΓ© and JayZ as a power couple brand more than the Beckams. They used to be fairly local to me so I seem to hold onto some kind of strange celebrity soft spot for them

Whosafraidofabigduckfart Wed 01-Mar-17 19:25:02

I bow to brand marketeers, I was just curious and clicked on best/worst comments. I was surprised that they were universally bad.

I'm sure they'll find a way to rebuild but the current attempts don't seem too clever if you know what I mean.

I'm not a fan of Victoria's designs but I'm not her target audience. Is her clothing line a vanity tax write off as claimed though, im guessing it must be hard to move to profitability in this cut throat market

welshmist Wed 01-Mar-17 19:27:56

What they get up to brand wise is of no interest to me, what they do to their children may be terribly harmful in the long term, who knows.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now Β»

Already registered? Log in with: