Talk

Advanced search

Secret Chef, long hair ingredient?

(9 Posts)
Paperdolly Tue 28-Feb-17 20:35:18

AIBU to think that a professional chef that is an 'evangelist' for curries creates dishes without tying her long hair up??? Yuk!!!!

Paperdolly Tue 28-Feb-17 21:00:06

Anyone?

PurpleDaisies Tue 28-Feb-17 21:01:45

What are you asking? Have you found a hair in your food? Is there someone that doesn't tie their heat up on tv?

Paperdolly Tue 28-Feb-17 22:57:02

Sorry all. It was a program on TV earlier. I was gobsmacked to see the chef showing an 'awful' cook how to cook decent curry whilst her long hair flowed free and wild. Yuk.

Ginkypig Wed 01-Mar-17 02:07:08

If it's the programme im thinking of then yabu

She from what Iv seen has been cooking in home or at least not restaurant settings.

I know lots of people who don't tie their hair up to cook at home.

Infact Iv seen lots of women (some long haired men) tv chef/cooks who don't tie their hair back.

Iv not seen the episode your talking about though I don't think.

PrettyLittleBrownEyedMe Wed 01-Mar-17 11:06:06

I never understand people who complain about these things - it's just like complaints about people cooking on TV with painted nails, etc.

You don't have to eat what they have cooked.

When you cook, tie your hair up.

Simple. What's the issue?

Applebite Wed 01-Mar-17 11:11:52

This thread is making me think about hairs in curry, which is making me want to retch a bit!! Thanks OP grin

thisismadness77 Wed 01-Mar-17 11:17:01

I watched it OP. smile

Paperdolly Fri 10-Mar-17 18:31:37

Just got chance to return to this thread.

When you are cooking for strangers and using a kitchen that is used for the public then in my opinion you SHOULD NOT have your hair swinging all over the surfaces,

Basic hygiene?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now