Talk

Advanced search

Pretentious Pancake Presentation

(14 Posts)
Salumeria Tue 28-Feb-17 19:43:41

How do you present your pancakes on the plate?

According to my BIL, I am Doing it Wrong, and Being Pretentious, because I don't roll my pancakes up into a tube shape.

I put the filling in, fold them in half, so semicircle shape, then fold in half again, so triangley shape with filling neatly packaged inside. If I am putting a messy filling in, or one that needs melting, like cheese or chocolate buttons, then I fill them in the pan, let them melt a bit, and use the spatula to fold them up neatly.

Apparently, nobody else does this.

So AIBU to not roll up my pancakes, and does anyone else do it the same way as me?

Bluefluff Tue 28-Feb-17 19:44:42

I leave mine flat, put whatever I'm having with them on top then eat them with a knife and fork blushgrin

ElspethFlashman Tue 28-Feb-17 19:46:09

CHOCOLATE BUTTONS??!

<mind blown>

CwtchMeQuick Tue 28-Feb-17 19:46:10

Depends on the filling.

Lemon and sugar = roll
Syrup = roll
Nutella and fruit = fold

MollyRedskirts Tue 28-Feb-17 19:47:46

Pffft, that's not pretentious, it's sensible. I fold them like that or roll them, depending on the filling. I do the triangle ones to give to my toddler as they stay together better.

What would be pretentious is serving them hanging on a coat rack, or making black ones with squid ink, or something.

Salumeria Tue 28-Feb-17 19:50:02

grin at squid ink pancakes. Hmm, actually though...

GavelRavel Tue 28-Feb-17 19:51:33

depends on filling, I just had o e with haagen daaz and maple syrup, way to thick to roll while the ice cream is melting. actually I only roll jam, sugar and lemon ones, oh and nutella.

Huldra Tue 28-Feb-17 19:53:57

He's never been to France and ordered a crepe then? grin

Huldra Tue 28-Feb-17 19:55:31

youtu.be/Gypy4R2hj00

Salumeria Tue 28-Feb-17 20:32:30

Elspeth melted chocolate buttons are a great pancake filling, you should definitely try with a big scoop of icecream on top.

I just leave mine flat

isseywithcats Tue 28-Feb-17 20:45:42

i dont make thin pancakes i make big fat ones so i cook them fully in the pan and fold them omelette style straight in half then loads of sugar and lemon juice on top

LoupGarou Tue 28-Feb-17 20:47:59

I also leave mine flat with filling on top and eat with a knife and fork.

Sundance01 Tue 28-Feb-17 20:52:53

Put them flat on the plate and let each individual person chose what they do with their own.

But then my family are completely capable of deciding what they want for themselves - they do not need to rely on some random invented code to tell them what to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now