Talk

Advanced search

To have a little cry

(18 Posts)
fizzicles Tue 28-Feb-17 18:57:06

Baby number 3 was born on Friday. Today, we had a birthday party for the eldest at the local bowling alley. Decided it was easiest if we all went, so got everyone out of the house, only 15 minutes late, but couldn't find anyone when we got there.

Checked the invitation - party was yesterday. Thankfully, there's a soft play centre right next door, so the kids were happy to play there and have ice cream and chips for tea, but it was just too much for me to cope with. The rational part of me knows that it's not a major disaster, and that the party kid's mum will understand, but AIBU to have a bit of a cry about it all?

fizzicles Tue 28-Feb-17 18:58:10

To clarify, it wasn't our own child's party - she was just a guest. That would be a major fuck up. Ha, already making myself feel better!

Wolfiefan Tue 28-Feb-17 18:58:13

You had a baby on Friday. You are allowed to cry. It's the law!
flowers
Congratulations.

Poppysarah Tue 28-Feb-17 19:00:46

YANBU you've just had a baby! It's ok to cry although you shouldn't be expected to go to parties at all at this point! You will laugh about it before too long.

Xxx

amysmummy12345 Tue 28-Feb-17 19:05:07

We once rocked up to a church on the Saturday for a wedding wearing our best clobber. The gates were firmly locked. Closer inspection of the invitation revealed it was the next day on the Sunday blush we carefully laid aside our outfits and put them back on the next day 😂

ollieplimsoles Tue 28-Feb-17 19:11:27

Aw op! You were amazing to go at all! Hope everyone had a great time at soft play anyway

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 28-Feb-17 19:14:45

I thought it was your child's party. That would have been a little less OK grin

Have a good cry.

Whatsername17 Tue 28-Feb-17 19:40:52

Of course you cried today - it's day 4 which is the weepy day!

punicorn Tue 28-Feb-17 19:57:26

Definitely OK to cry in a situation like that flowers. When my DD was about a week old she had a hospital appointment. My mother had gone home, my DH had gone and fucked off back to work so I had to go on my own with hyperactive 3yr old DS in tow. It was pouring with rain, there was nowhere to park, I couldn't get the new buggy to open so I ended up walking for what seemed like miles with two soggy kids only for my DS to drop his new toy he had been bribed with down a drain! I tell you, I cried more than he did that day grin. There're both teenagers now and I don't think there is any lasting damage wink. Well done for even making it out the door!

FellOutOfBed2wice Tue 28-Feb-17 20:01:57

I hadn't even had the baby at this point, but last year when eight months pregnant with DD2 we rushed 30miles across the county on a Friday evening after work and nursery with our 18month old DD1 to a surprise 30th party..... that was actually 24 hours later on the Saturday. I cried like a baby that night!!!!

MakeItRain Tue 28-Feb-17 20:03:24

I'm in awe that you got your whole family out for a party 4 days after having a baby. I thought I was doing well if I managed to get dressed 2 weeks after the birth! The party mum probably would hav

MakeItRain Tue 28-Feb-17 20:05:00

Oops, been equally impressed if you'd made it and will definitely understand you were a day out. Congratulations flowerssmile

ClaireLumia Tue 28-Feb-17 20:19:31

My neighbours once went to a funeral of the wrong Edna. Didn't realise until the Edna who's funeral they thought it was sat next to them in the church and terrified them!

IamFriedSpam Tue 28-Feb-17 20:21:02

You've just had a baby and managed to get the entire family out of the door - you're doing great. Of course party parents will understand! It's not like you just couldn't be bothered to go.

FennecFoxMummy Tue 28-Feb-17 20:32:02

You've done so well to get out. I cried ALL DAY on day 3 and 4!!
flowers congratulations OP

fizzicles Tue 28-Feb-17 21:18:05

Thank you. The kids had a great time at the soft play, although when DD realises we've missed the party altogether she's going to be disappointed. I just felt horrible for messing it up. Need to go easy on myself!

BrownEyedLady Tue 28-Feb-17 21:49:14

ClaireLumina that Edna story made me laugh!grin

Littledrummergirl Tue 28-Feb-17 21:56:45

I once took Dd to a classmates party 15mins from the end of it. I thought the message said "quarter to six" it had actually said "4 til 6".

I had no reason other than stupidity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now