Talk

Advanced search

Bedding - who is BU?

(53 Posts)
NoSherryForMe Tue 28-Feb-17 12:59:39

We have a friend coming to stay today for a couple of nights. For logistical reasons too boring to go into, we'll be moving into a different bedroom and giving our guest the room we've been sleeping in. For even more boring logistical reasons, I changed our bedding yesterday.

When my DP discovered that I was planning to transfer the one-day-old bedding into the room we'll be sleeping in tonight, he asked why we couldn't just let our guest use those sheets. I squealed in horror and said no, that would be grim. He thinks I'm being too fussy and it's perfectly ok to offer a guest sheets that have been briefly, lightly slept in. Which of us is U?

SparkleTwinkleGoldGlitter Tue 28-Feb-17 13:01:05

You've got to give a guest clean sheets imo

Patriciathestripper1 Tue 28-Feb-17 13:03:48

Eww your Dh definitely being unreasonable!! you have to give clean sheets to a guest.

minipie Tue 28-Feb-17 13:03:52

If you know the guest well, ask them! I wouldn't mind sleeping in sheets my friends had used for one night (as long as there aren't any bodily fluids etc...)

carefreeeee Tue 28-Feb-17 13:04:27

Depends on the guest - some wouldn't care. For a clean friend or a parent I would change them.

I stay at certain friends' houses and know they probably haven't changed the sheets on the spare beds for years! I don't really care - usually bring my own pillow.

rainbowstardrops Tue 28-Feb-17 13:05:04

Ewww, definitely clean sheets for your guests!

Crumbs1 Tue 28-Feb-17 13:06:06

Guests have clean bedding, definitely. Unless it's an unexpected young persons who arrive with son the worse for wear after midnight. Then they sleep where they find a made up bed that is unoccupied.

RortyCrankle Tue 28-Feb-17 13:07:12

Eurgh - definitely agree with you, OP.

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Tue 28-Feb-17 13:07:51

Clean bedding, definitely!

Allthewaves Tue 28-Feb-17 13:08:38

Omg just no. It has to be clean bedding

NoSherryForMe Tue 28-Feb-17 13:08:44

Ha! It seems the consensus is firmly in the eeeewwwww camp. Glad it's not just me being Howard Hughes-y. (I've already changed the sheets, obvs.)

Astro55 Tue 28-Feb-17 13:10:21

Wow - it's not hard to move the bedding! You'd have clean on one bed and day old on the other - are you doing all the move op?

NoSherryForMe Tue 28-Feb-17 13:12:02

It's not hard at all - a matter of minutes, and we're using the same amount of clean stuff as if we'd given ourselves the clean set and let poor guest wallow in our filth.

teenagetantrums Tue 28-Feb-17 13:13:47

I wouldn't care if l slept in your dirty sheets. Is it not the sane as sitting on your sofa that you have sat on Unless of course you have been sleeping naked and shagging all night?

NoSherryForMe Tue 28-Feb-17 13:15:08

No hot, sexy action, but we do sleep naked (a Mumsnet crime, I realise).

ComeOnSpring Tue 28-Feb-17 13:23:24

Never ever ever listen to a man about sheets. They have totally different views about normal human decency sheets. They will never understand.

Please change the sheets for your friends.

DoodleDoodleDo Tue 28-Feb-17 13:24:18

One word Yuck - guests should definitely have clean sheets

RB68 Tue 28-Feb-17 13:24:55

Clean sheets end of. Tell DH to stop being a minger

EBearhug Tue 28-Feb-17 13:25:54

I also say clean sheets for guests (and I'm another who has to give guests my bed and I sleep on the spare which occasionally collapses in the middle of the night.)

JustSpeakSense Tue 28-Feb-17 13:26:04

Eeew! guests need clean sheets!

Your DH is BU! LTB!

xStefx Tue 28-Feb-17 13:27:14

ewe , I caught my dad about to put dirty (muddy)socks in the tumble dryer once to dry them - some men just have no bloody clue.
Of course you have to have clean sheets for a guest

Tiptoethr0ughthetulips Tue 28-Feb-17 13:29:38

Definitely fresh sheets for a guest. Treat as you would wish to be treated.

FuckingSausageFingers Tue 28-Feb-17 13:30:10

I'm not a clean by anyone's standards certainly not MN standards but even I would provide clean sheets for guests.

ExConstance Tue 28-Feb-17 13:30:56

The only guests who don't have to have clean sheets are stinky teenaged boys - but only if they were the last person in the bed.

ThomasRichard Tue 28-Feb-17 13:32:50

As a guest I wouldn't be bothered as long as they weren't visibly dirty, but as a host I always give guests clean sheets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now