Talk

Advanced search

to ask for quick advice

(6 Posts)
midlifehope Tue 28-Feb-17 12:11:04

18 month old won't stop screaming / crying / doesnt seem in pain, won't sleep, given him milk, walked him round, has been like for this for several hours. I have had to put him in his cot and left the room, as it's starting to get to me.... ideas?

camrywagon Tue 28-Feb-17 12:19:39

I would try calpol to rule out pain and failing that take them out somewhere to see if change of scenery/distraction does the trick. Hopefully they pick up soon, it's hellish when they won't settle.

wishcarry Tue 28-Feb-17 12:19:40

Does he have a temperature or rash?

Jackiebrambles Tue 28-Feb-17 12:21:52

I'd be giving calpol or nurofen straight away to see if that helps!

midlifehope Tue 28-Feb-17 12:27:39

Thank the lord, just been up to check, he's finally gone to sleep. No temp, no red cheeks and no rash thank god. I don't feel like I was the best mum in the end, leaving him there in his room and shutting the door loudly, but was at the end of my rope. Now I need a very strong coffee to recover.sad

MummaBear14 Tue 28-Feb-17 13:11:43

We've all been there at some point OP, don't feel like a bad mum. Hope your LO wakes up happier! If not definantly go down the calpol route, sometimes it's not all obvious they're in pain (ear infection, sore throat, etc). Fingers crossed for you flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now