Talk

Advanced search

To give up mumsnet for Lent?

(14 Posts)
JaxingJump Tue 28-Feb-17 11:02:41

I'm giving up social media for lent. So that's pretty much mumsnet and Facebook. I honestly think my quality of life will improve! Anyone want to join? If you break it, you can come and post back heresmile I hope to make it the whole of Lent!

Tequilamockinbird Tue 28-Feb-17 11:06:06

YABU. I'd rather give up my DH for lent, than MN.

JaxingJump Tue 28-Feb-17 11:14:25

You see it's supposed to be something difficult! That's the whole point.

gleam Tue 28-Feb-17 12:15:54

YANBU, but I won't be joining you.

MrsTwix Tue 28-Feb-17 19:18:13

I think it's a good idea, I might jog you but I don't know how long I will manage.

MrsTwix Tue 28-Feb-17 19:18:35

Join. Autocorrect is doing my head in.

Hassled Tue 28-Feb-17 19:19:04

That's just crazy talk.

LisaAlexander Tue 28-Feb-17 19:20:43

For sure!

I use a google chrome app called stayfocusd to block sites I don't want to see.

redexpat Tue 28-Feb-17 19:23:33

I did it one year. I get more done in my life but felt so lonely.

redexpat Tue 28-Feb-17 19:24:23

On my laptop I have leechblocker and mn and fb are blocked from 8-4.

mummyto2monkeys Tue 28-Feb-17 19:26:33

I told my husband that I was going to do the same but he quickly said 'No, don't you DARE! What on earth will we talk about if you don't use mumsnet!' 😂😂😂😊😊😊 I found that comment both funny and embarrassing! He knows me too well!

I gave up Facebook for Lent last year, it helped me to enjoy other aspects of my life better. I have never went back to using Facebook as much as I did before lent.

Fossie Tue 28-Feb-17 20:04:03

I am giving up Twitter for Lent as it seems so negative and I want to give up FB and MN as they waste so much time but I'm not sure I have the will power! I gave up FB once before for Lent before I got into MN. Is it worth pointing out Lent doesn't count on Sunday's. Honest it doesn't! I used to get a quick fix on a Sunday with a lurk but no posting. I might do that again. grin

DadDadDad Tue 28-Feb-17 20:18:39

I gave up FB one year, and MN another year, for Lent. It's refreshing - I recommend it, although you are bold giving up both at the same time!

JaxingJump Tue 28-Feb-17 21:03:33

Putting my site blocker on now! And going to delete my Facebook app. Wish me luck! By the time I get back I assume I will have written and published a novel, become fluent in Arabic and learned how to code....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now