To think cellulite is for life

(70 Posts)
BottomlyP0tts Mon 27-Feb-17 08:27:40

I'm late 20s about a size 6 when not pregnant.

Currently pregnant with baby number 3. I look down at my thighs and realise my 59 year old mother has better legs than me.

DP used to love my legs now he suggest I "try something else" every time I put on a skirt.

It's here for life right? Why am I so depressed about this.

Doyouwantabrew Mon 27-Feb-17 08:29:50

Your dp sounds a twat.

BottomlyP0tts Mon 27-Feb-17 08:31:35

He has very very odd body image issues with himself and that gets taken out on me sometimes... no excuses but it might explain his dickhead attitude

Doyouwantabrew Mon 27-Feb-17 08:38:27

Size 6 is tiny op. You are pregnant and of course you may not feel at your best it's a hard time especially as you have 2 already.

Cellulite is a bugger I agree and most women have some. But at a size 6 I can't imagine you have much.

Dress how you like and tell your dh to keep his thoughts to himself. He's being unkind and that's not fair.

Glossolalia Mon 27-Feb-17 08:42:09

Why am I so depressed about this.

Maybe it's because your DP is making you feel bad about it? I'm pretty sure it's not something that you can 'prevent' or cure, so not sure what he would like you to do about it? confused

Bansteadmum Mon 27-Feb-17 08:43:50

His "issues" don't excuse his behaviour.

BottomlyP0tts Mon 27-Feb-17 08:45:23

I don't think size has much to do with it does it - most of my family are bigger than me size wise but have much firmer legs/less cellulite

Trainspotting1984 Mon 27-Feb-17 08:45:30

Cellulite isn't related to how much you weigh

I don't believe it's for life though. Many people advocate body brushing and gels to get the blood pumping round. Depends how bad it is though

Trainspotting1984 Mon 27-Feb-17 08:45:56

I don't think it's so bad

Thefitfatty Mon 27-Feb-17 08:47:22

I think much of it is genetic. And most of us have it (including Cindy Crawford apparently). Yours doesn't look bad, and yours maybe made a bit worse right now because of being pregnant.

Don't feel bad, and tell your DP to fuck off.

Semaphorically Mon 27-Feb-17 08:48:12

It might not be for life. I have cellulite on my legs when I'm pregnant but it goes away after my circulatory system goes back to normal.

Also, tell your partner to sod off. You are not in his life to provide decoration!

Doyouwantabrew Mon 27-Feb-17 08:51:00

I don't think that's too bad either. A tan helps so after baby and when you feel up to it leave the kids with your dh and get a spray tan or if that's too much faff those tanning creams are good.

Personally I would also book up some special treatments for body brushing etc.post baby Your dh can hardly object if he's constantly criticising your body.

Bluntness100 Mon 27-Feb-17 08:51:30

I don't think it's so bad either, in fact only visible when your flesh is pushed against something it seems.

I don't have cellulite, and I've been everything from a ten to a sixteen, I just have never had it, so I agree with you it's hereditary or you either have it or you don't and although you can improve the appearance, I don't think uou can irradicate it and it's nothing to do with weight.

NavyandWhite Mon 27-Feb-17 08:52:33

Your DH sounds like a twat. However I don't believe cellulite is for life. I can get rid of it on my thighs if I lose weight and do a lot of exercise.

Doyouwantabrew Mon 27-Feb-17 08:52:36

But only do things like that for you not your dh.

You are making a third person in your body. What the fuck has he done with his body compared to that.

sofiainwonderland Mon 27-Feb-17 08:53:58

I don't think it's too bad however you need to do something about it.

I did massage (that helped a great deal, wasn't only hand massage, she had a machine), diet (nothing fried, no bread, no soda, no sweets) & exercise classes (zumba, kangoo jumps, tae bo etc), and it's almost gone completely smile

DontTouchTheMoustache Mon 27-Feb-17 08:54:51

I'm not pregnant and have far worse cellulite than that, im a size 10 usually. It's actually a good thing apparently, it's how your body stores fat and means you're less likely to develop heart disease and diabetes. I'd take that over smooth legs anyway.
I've had my issues with it in the past but now I think it's cute.

namechange20050 Mon 27-Feb-17 08:56:28

Sofia where do you get off telling op that she has to do something about it?

BottomlyP0tts Mon 27-Feb-17 08:58:37

I'm NavyandWhite
sofiainwonderland

So yours has decreased with diet and exercise? That gives me hope! It has never been this bad - I'm hoping it's pregnancy and that once baby comes out I can reduce it enough to feel comfortable in a bikini.

I also don't think it looks that bad when im standing up.

NavyandWhite Mon 27-Feb-17 08:58:56

Huh namechamge?

Dogwalks2 Mon 27-Feb-17 09:00:40

I had cellulite for 18 years after having children and have never been overweight. Thought it was just one of those things. Since I started running its gone😁. Only do 5k 2/3times a week but can't believe at nearly 50 my legs are smooth again.

Henrysmycat Mon 27-Feb-17 09:00:52

I've been size 16 (after pregnancy) and I've been size 6 (heavy smoker/ED-borderline) and the time I was at my healthiest, size 10, I was training 5 times a week and eating 'clean' based on an American writer called Tosca Reno waaaay before posh Sainsbury's birds coined it.
I found that was the time, I had zero cellulite and body fat down to 16%.
But it was a very boring lifestyle with no alcohol, sugar, salty foods or animal fat/any oil that was not coconut or raw olive.
It's a choice, you live like a saint for the booty or live with cellulite.
Those lucky few that can do both are either genetically blessed or children.

DontTouchTheMoustache Mon 27-Feb-17 09:01:02

sofia should I be doing something about the cellulite I've had since I hit puberty? Will just nip off and change my genetics then. I used to be a gymnast in the elite squad, I'd do three 4 hours sessions and one 5 hour sessions of intense exercise a week and. Was incredibly in shape and still had cellulite. People should be working to accept their bodies, there is nothing bad about having cellulite.

NavyandWhite Mon 27-Feb-17 09:01:19

Yes OP mine reduced completely with a low fat diet, body brushing and vigorous walking.

MaidOfStars Mon 27-Feb-17 09:02:05

I had cellulite and was pretty accepting of it - I wasn't very overweight, if at all, and had it in loads of places, including my wrists (if you squashed hard enough). So genetic, just the way I was....

It's pretty much all gone now, after ten months of great diet, weight loss and intense/varied exercise exercise. The skin overlying it is much better as well -no pricked spottiness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now