Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Traffic jam of trolleys

(5 Posts)
beebeecee Sun 26-Feb-17 10:51:50

Hugely busy supermarket and a queue of people with trolleys unable to move all because of one lady unloading her shopping with the trolley sticking out into the concourse instead of by the side of the conveyor belt.

I waited patiently for a few seconds then realised she was completely unaware of the traffic she was causing so I politely went up to her and asked if she wouldn't mind moving her trolley.

You'd have thought I'd asked to sleep with her husband by the dirty look she gave me. She said "God, some people have such a problem " and slammed her trolley into the side of the conveyor belt.

Of the half dozen or so people caught up in this trolley blockage not one had uttered a word, just stood there whilst she unloaded her items.
However I did get a few sympathetic glances and one lady did say "some people, eh?" to me as I walked past her.

AIBU to think that what I did was not unreasonable?

JonesyAndTheSalad Mon 27-Feb-17 08:47:17

Of course you were reasonable. My DH is Aussie and has often got dirty looks for similar "transgressions"

He can't understand why people are too polite to ask!

Chloe84 Mon 27-Feb-17 09:42:54

YANBU, I always speak up. And I now no longer expect anyone to back me up. If they do, bonus smile

WorraLiberty Mon 27-Feb-17 09:50:09

AIBU to think that what I did was not unreasonable?

Honestly, what do you think?

What you did was just a completely normal part of everyday life - communicating with someone.

Don't let the fact she acted like a prick, make your doubt yourself.

Put it down to an eye-roll moment, rather than sit thinking about it long after it happened. I bet she won't be thinking about it now.

beebeecee Mon 27-Feb-17 12:46:03

Put it down to an eye-roll moment, rather than sit thinking about it long after it happened. I bet she won't be thinking about it now.

Indeed. I do suffer from social anxiety so sometimes I replay certain events over and over trying to understand what happened. In this case I wondered if I had inadvertently been rude first to get such a hostile reaction. But there I go overthinking again! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now