Talk

Advanced search

AIBU or is dp?

(11 Posts)
MusicalChairsOh Sun 26-Feb-17 07:39:03

Ds1 who is 2.5 has chicken pox and had been up a lot in the night with dp in sleeping on his floor.

I was feeding ds2 in the bedroom and could hear ds1 crying again.

So once I had finished feeding I went into them and asked ds1 if he wanted to come and get some breakfast with us.

Dp got really snappy saying that I didn't have to rush to the rescue and it made him feel like he wasn't doing it right.

I explained I'd been up already for 30 mins and was getting up with ds2 anyway so where is the problem?! I wasnt 'rushing to the rescue' at all.
He's defensive normally and I feel he's taken this the wrong way.
AIBU? Should I have just left them to it then? I'm honestly not interfering or controlling.

DartmoorDoughnut Sun 26-Feb-17 07:40:18

He's probably not had much sleep, I'm snappy as hell after a disturbed night. YANBU but I wouldn't worry too much about it!

neverknowinglyunreasonable Sun 26-Feb-17 07:40:45

Just sounds like a crap night and everyone is tired. Hope they feel better soon.

Afreshstartplease Sun 26-Feb-17 07:40:52

He's probably just really tired op

I would have gone and got ds1 and told dp to get in bed

Mrsemcgregor Sun 26-Feb-17 07:44:13

I am with pps, he was probably tired and grumpy. Though you said he has form, does he often snap at you?

Chicken pox is beastly, hope your LO gets better soon flowers

MusicalChairsOh Sun 26-Feb-17 07:45:20

Thanks dp is in bed now. You're right I haven't accounted for being tired.

MusicalChairsOh Sun 26-Feb-17 07:46:29

Yes he does have form for being defensive and snapping.

Plunkette Sun 26-Feb-17 07:46:53

I think as the poor soul has been up all night with a chicken poxy child (I remember well how awful it is) I'd give him a pass on the grumpiness and see if he want to go back to bed for a few hours.

brew

flumpybear Sun 26-Feb-17 07:47:33

My husband doesn't respond well to being woken ... in fact I've always done al the night and early morning child issues ..... I should be given a knighthood imo!!!

Afreshstartplease Sun 26-Feb-17 07:51:03

Same here flumpy

user1483387154 Sun 26-Feb-17 08:04:22

I dont think either of you were BU just tired and maybe oversensitive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now