Talk

Advanced search

To hope this woman shits a hedgehog

(25 Posts)
Newdad19 Sat 25-Feb-17 22:24:20

Not literally... was having a particularly bad day today. Took DS (2) for a haircit and he was absolutely petrified. He has always been fine in tbe past but today was petrified of the shaver, screamed the place down amd got himself into a bit of a state. After getting calmed down, I decided to run into Tesco to grab a few things with DS in the trolley. An old fruit shoot bottle was in the trolley so I stopped to throw it in the bin at the entrance of the store. Immedatiely realised I had stopped and blocked the path of a very unimpressed lady. I realised how I had blocked her by stopping and very quickly apologised and said I was sorry. Now I know how annoying that can be, but rather than just noting my apology anf walking by she had to tell me how stupid a place it was to stop and draw a look before storming off. aibu for wanting to run her down with my trolley and a very grizzly teething 2 year old?

Newdad19 Sat 25-Feb-17 22:25:10

Apologies for the typos and lack of paragraphs. On a samsung phone and the keyboard doesnt seem to allow for returns.

ladyvimes Sat 25-Feb-17 22:27:42

Forget about it. Perhaps she was having a bad day too?

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Sat 25-Feb-17 22:28:58

Well, it is a stupid place to stop.

Sorry your toddler is grizzly, that's nothing to do with her though.

YAB a bit Unreasonable but understandably so. You were having a crap day and she added to it. However she might have also been having a crap day. At least you have the moral high ground by apologising.
Hope tomorrow is better.

esmaesmomma Sat 25-Feb-17 22:32:42

Sometimes people are just having a bad day. The way she behaved probably more to do what what she has going on then what you actually did. Try not to let it get to you it's easier said then done I know.

Hope your toddlers teething lets up soon and he feels better.

TheSecretMrsFairbrother Sat 25-Feb-17 22:32:45

I've no idea if YWBU but your thread title really made me giggle like a loon.
DH is looking at me likehmm

MyOtherNameIsTaken Sat 25-Feb-17 22:32:50

Stopping near shop doors makes me swear.

sonyaya Sat 25-Feb-17 22:33:18

YANBU she sounds like a total bitch.

Fortheloveofdog Sat 25-Feb-17 22:33:58

If it is a stupid place to stop, it's a stupid place to put a bin!!

ProlificLurker Sat 25-Feb-17 22:48:33

^^what dog says

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Sat 25-Feb-17 22:50:58

I can't believe you're thinking about this enough to be bothered posting about it confused

Forget about it! I can guarantee you she has!

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 25-Feb-17 22:57:18

Shit a hedgehog. That's rather random. grin

YouTheCat Sat 25-Feb-17 23:00:25

You quickly realised your mistake and apologised. Anyone without the good grace to just accept that is a twat and should, indeed, shit a hedgehog.

Stopmithering Sat 25-Feb-17 23:00:38

YANBU
This current trend of intolerance is a recurrent and sad modern day theme.
How I wish we could all re-learn some good manners and generosity of spirit.

Stopmithering Sat 25-Feb-17 23:01:15

Alternatively, what YouTheCat said.

Newdad19 Sat 25-Feb-17 23:03:18

I know it was a stupid place to stop and understand how annoying that is, hence the immediate apology. But as said, I didnt choose where the bin was... also its not as though a single trolley blocks the full entrance. Cheers for the replies anyway and glad the title has brightened a few saturday nights!

Newdad19 Sat 25-Feb-17 23:05:38

Also for those commenting on me getting over it/thinking so much to post about it... at the time I was pretty pissed off with the inability to just accept a genuine apology. But had just been telling DW about the incident and was looking for some more perspectives. Im not gonna lose any sleep over it (and hopefully no hedgehogs for me)

nicenewdusters Sat 25-Feb-17 23:07:03

Sorry you had a bad day, made worse by a ungracious misery. I love the phrase in your title, one of my favourites, so no, YANBU, and I hope she deliveries said hedgehog !!

OneWithTheForce Sat 25-Feb-17 23:07:05

Forget about it. She was a knob but that's her problem not yours.

Will add that I was running late for work one day and I have to go through a shopping centre. As I got to the exit two women were dawdling past chatting in the same direction I was going. It was a narrow path but there was room for me to go around but suddenly one of them decided she was going to cross the road so stepped into my new path, I thought ok so side stepped back to the original path and she changed her mind and went back across my path again meaning I nearly walked right into her! I gave a really loud tut and sigh and stepped out into the road to go round her. Of course she heard me (as I intended) and she said to her friend "oh dear!" ( in the oh diddums kind of way) and I turned and glared back like a twat grin I really was the knob in that situation but I can't stand dawdlers who take up the whole space and especially can't stand people who can't decide where the fuck they're going!

CherryChasingDotMuncher Sat 25-Feb-17 23:07:35

YANBU, people need to have more patience and realise that a few seconds wait isn't gonna harm them! Sometimes when you take a child into a public place people act like you've brought a mountain of dog turd, it gets very tedious!

ErrolTheDragon Sat 25-Feb-17 23:11:24

If you wanted to throw something away, how on earth was stopping by a bin 'stupid'?confused it can't have taken that long to do - sounds like the other woman was ridiculously impatient.

And 'shit a hedgehog' is a great curse. Reminds me of a daft song with a chorus starting: 'may the bird of paradise fly up your nose; may an elephant caress you with its toes'

greenfolder Sat 25-Feb-17 23:16:26

I was subjected to a torrent of beeping and abuse today for stopping to let pedestrians over a pedestrian crossing.
Twats

HardcoreLadyType Sat 25-Feb-17 23:33:37

Rant away, OP.

MN is good for that.

PurpleDaisies Sat 25-Feb-17 23:37:42

How do you know she hadn't just left her own grizzly two year old screaming at a childminder or a million other possibilities that meant she was also having a shit day?

It would have been nicer if she was all smiley and happy at your apology but sometimes life doesn't work like that. I'd just forget about it.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now