Talk

Advanced search

Desperate- which pads won't cause a fanjo fire?

(98 Posts)
Pitchforktotheface Sat 25-Feb-17 21:35:00

After 14months of breastfeeding my periods have returned. Pre baby I used a moon cup or tampons, but post baby my vagina is a no go zone.

I picked up some always ultra but they smell like zoflora and my fany feels like its on fire (I get thrush really easily).

So what pads can I use, and buy tomorrow?

I don't want reuseables.

And why the fuck are they perfumed? Who wants their fanjo smelling of an old peoples home?

Gabilan Sat 25-Feb-17 21:39:26

Bodyform mercifully will not cause you to smell like car air freshener. Supermarket own brands also tend not to be scented. They're not quite as absorbent but it really is better than having a pine fresh fanny. Dear lord but no woman should smell like an evergreen tree crossed with toilet duck.

PlayOnWurtz Sat 25-Feb-17 21:40:46

Body form

cochineal7 Sat 25-Feb-17 21:40:50

Same situation. Natracare. Chlorinefree and no perfume. But I also wish I could go back to the mooncup...

BathshebaDarkstone Sat 25-Feb-17 21:40:52

Fanjo fire? shock

MoMandaS Sat 25-Feb-17 21:41:43

Try Naturcare from Amazon. I used their maternity pads and they were great, not fancy but unscented and absorbent.

WomanWithAltitude Sat 25-Feb-17 21:41:56

Bodyform - just avoid the ones labelled as 'deo fresh'.

Why on earth are so many sanpro manufacturers scenting their products these days? It's an awful idea, and no one wants it!

MoMandaS Sat 25-Feb-17 21:42:59

Sorry, Natracare not Naturcare!

JamieLannistersFuckButler Sat 25-Feb-17 21:46:49

Yup, Bodyform seem to not be perfumed, and available most places.

Natracare probably available in posher supermarkets, otherwise are a health-food shop brand.

I buy the "Value" type own-brand towels from the Co-op and Wilkinson - they're unscented and very cheap but not for heavy-flow days.
www.wilko.com/towels+liners/wilko-everyday-value-press-on-towels-10pk/invt/0238384

Littledrummergirl Sat 25-Feb-17 21:46:50

Body form. I spend far too much time sniffing sanpro. The smelly ones are minging.

VestalVirgin Sat 25-Feb-17 21:47:24

I recommend natracare, too. Also contains less plastic, which may help with the thrush.

picklemepopcorn Sat 25-Feb-17 21:49:06

I recently got a new cup. My old one was no longer suitable after a prolapse repair. I had cur the stem off completely and couldn't risk trying it. My new one is brilliant, a cheap random one, £3? With a solid but soft ridged stick instead of the hollow mooncup one. Really comfortable.

Before that I was using the own brand bulky towels, as they were cheap unscented and don't chafe.

flamencina Sat 25-Feb-17 21:49:46

Asda's own don't. Though I only buy the night time ones so can't vouch for the daytime ones.

Rainingchocolate Sat 25-Feb-17 21:50:26

Bodyform here too. Didn't associate my reoccurring thrush with always until I read something on here. Low and behold, not had it since switching

Pitchforktotheface Sat 25-Feb-17 21:53:54

pickle I'm really hoping I can use a cup again in the future, but right now NOTHING goes near my fanny!

PlayOnWurtz Sat 25-Feb-17 21:54:44

Fun story. I bought a moon cup. Used it once, in January, am now pregnant. So chances of me using it for the next 2 years or so are.... this happens to me a lot....make a decision on a purchase that then becomes superfluous

Wheredidallthejaffacakesgo Sat 25-Feb-17 21:57:03

Sainsbury's own brand are non-smelly. I love the new phrase the OP has coined

Blumkin Sat 25-Feb-17 21:57:35

I feel your pain. Always scented was introduced when I was pregnant/breastfeeding and it literally eats the skin off my vulva. I now use bodyform.

Gunpowder Sat 25-Feb-17 22:00:11

I use Bodyform too.

I think #Noonewantsapinefreshfanny needs to be the next MN campaign.

CycleHire Sat 25-Feb-17 22:01:19

Lil Lets do unscented sanitary towels (available on Ocado).

I do not have sensitive nethers but by god I hate that distinctive period / air freshener smell.

PixieMiss Sat 25-Feb-17 22:03:15

Cottons from Boots

Shoppingwithmother Sat 25-Feb-17 22:03:42

Lil-lets towels are really good, but I only seem to be able to get them in Boots, not supermarkets.

Also I've found the Always Infinity smart foam ones good too.

AnotherEmma Sat 25-Feb-17 22:04:33

Why don't you want reusables?

I was reluctant to try them but eventually did and they're SO much better than disposables.

But if you must, another vote for Natracare. You can buy them in Waitrose and good health food shops (as well as online).

FledglingFTB Sat 25-Feb-17 22:06:04

This is poss an embarrassing admission but I find Lil-Lets teen range to be the best. So long as your flow isn't heavy. They're the only ones that don't feel like a door stop between your legs, the wings are actually sized to fit pants and they're not scented like lily of the valley.

HellonHeels Sat 25-Feb-17 22:06:41

The stink of those things is horrific on its own even before you get hit by the raging irritation they cause. Might as well hold a huge sign saying YES I'M BLEEDING and ring a bell as you walk around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now