Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want to be able to neg eBay buyers!!!

(3 Posts)
strugglingstepdad Sat 25-Feb-17 21:30:38

Why the hell did eBay get rid of this!!!!

Sold a car on eBay today. Buyer says he'll be here for 8. I reply and say that's fine, given him my address and mobile number. Not heard owt since!!

Now 9.30, not a thing and getting narky cos I have to be up for work early in the morning and should be in bed!!

So AIBU in wanting to be able to neg him?

Sugarcoma Sat 25-Feb-17 21:39:24

Not being unreasonable at all. Have been selling solidly for a few months as doing a massive clear-out and have never had so many problems with scammers and wasters as this Jan/Feb.

This is why I always end up ebaying for a bit and then going off eBay for about a year.

PennyPickle Sat 25-Feb-17 22:37:19

I haven't sold on ebay for 3 years because of problems with buyers. I have always only ever sold new or worn once items of clothing at a reasonable price (Just to get rid of them). Have had a host of buyers claiming their parcels haven't arrived, despite me paying over the odds for next day delivery. One charmer e mailed me to tell me she was reporting me to ebay because my post stated I would send 1st class recorded (It was a genuine mistake which was still evident in the listing after the previous item I listed), despite me only charging £1.50 for p&p. The item was a brand new pair of girls's cargo pants, complete with tag, which was listed as 99p and bought for 99p. So in total the buyer had a brand new pair of Boden cargo pants for £2.49. Bloody Hell the way she kicked off you'd swear I had sent her a blood sodden pair of knickers! She had obviously received them - the day after posting. Some people are just not worth the time of day! Its a shame really, as e bay used to be a worthwhile place to sell quality items...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now