Talk

Advanced search

To hate this colleague joining in?

(3 Posts)
PixiePlunge Sat 25-Feb-17 11:52:03

Backstory, I started at my workplace at the same time as another woman. Never going to be best friends but liked her.

18 months later I'm signed off work. Very dark time in my life and I tried to kill myself (in a much better place now.)

I came back to work and moved departments as did this other woman. I then found out that she had been spreading really vile lies about me to my new colleagues. We have different managers so I did report it and was told it was dealt with but sheathed it was I can't be 100% sure.

Yesterday my colleagues were having a joke with me and mocking me, all completely harmless and it was funny. But then this particular colleague started joining in and at that point it didn't feel like a joke and I'm quite upset about it.

I can't really say anything because the rest of them started the joke which I have no issue with. Aibu?

Trifleorbust Sat 25-Feb-17 11:54:52

No, you can't really specify who is allowed to say something to you at work. Comments are either acceptable or they are not. I'm private it is a totally different matter. You can say, "We aren't friends. I don't appreciate you making jokes about me."

OneWithTheForce Sat 25-Feb-17 11:55:22

Oh I'm afraid I would Say something there and then! I would look to her like she had just shat on the floor and ask her why on earth she thought she got to be jokey with me after spreading such malicious lies about me in my place of work. And I would look at her until she responded or skulked off with her tail between her legs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now