Talk

Advanced search

I'm the only person in the world who can't carry coffee in cardboard cups

(7 Posts)
Sillysausage123 Fri 24-Feb-17 17:13:15

I must be the only person in the world who cannot carry coffee in the awful cardboard cups from a vending machine without burning my hands or having to put it down immediately as it is burning the skin off my hands.
How is it everyone else managing to hold it comfortably even talking with someone for a couple of minutes and sauntering across a room holding the hot coffee but I can't carry more than a few feet.
Am I the only one?

sparepantsandtoothbrush Fri 24-Feb-17 17:15:29

grin This is me! I panic when I have to put the lid on myself too

flowersalloverme Fri 24-Feb-17 17:17:06

No, you are right, those cups from vending machines can be red hot.

They should have some of those cardboard guards that go round the cups somewhere near the machines I think.

I won't buy from vending machines for that reason. Too hot in my hands!

GinAndOnIt Fri 24-Feb-17 17:21:53

I can't carry them either. Even moving just one step makes me splash it all over myself confused I don't understand how I do it!

steff13 Fri 24-Feb-17 17:22:22

I knitted myself come coffee cup covers for this exact reason.

alltouchedout Fri 24-Feb-17 17:26:43

It really varies for me. Some days it's like I have hands of asbestos and can't feel a thing, other says I wince and whinge and swap fingers/ hands over and over. Weird.

littleme2017 Fri 24-Feb-17 18:35:29

I can't do it either. The work canteen also serves soup to takeaway in cardboard cups and I wind up wrapping napkins round the cup while moving as quickly as possible shrieking 'hot, hot'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now