Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To want to buy some clothes that fit?

(11 Posts)
SEsofty Fri 24-Feb-17 16:33:58

Just had a dispiriting shopping trip, trying on lots of different clothes in different shops.

None fitted.

Have just been looking at all the shops websites and I don't fit any size at all based on measurements.

So any ideas, short of suddenly learning how to make my own clothes

flownthecoopkiwi Fri 24-Feb-17 16:37:40

too big or too small?

Rubyslippers7780 Fri 24-Feb-17 16:41:46

What about altering? Buying then taking in or adjusting length? It's not very difficult and then it fits you

SEsofty Fri 24-Feb-17 16:42:24

Both. Generally too big round hips. More square shaped

iseenodust Fri 24-Feb-17 16:45:37

I'm the opposite of you and I don't fit Next at all, if that helps grin

UrethaFranklin Fri 24-Feb-17 16:45:49

I can't believe that none fitted you. In what way didn't they fit?

SEsofty Fri 24-Feb-17 16:48:22

Trying to buy trousers/ jeans and couldn't find a pair that fitted around the waist and hips

Bloodybridget Fri 24-Feb-17 16:51:31

Much sympathy, SE. Nothing fits me either - apart from coats and jackets and I don't need any more of them. I get particularly pissed off by the huge variation in sizes; a 12 will be too big in one shop and a 14 too tight in another, or even in the same shop in different styles. This is, of course, no help to you.

redexpat Fri 24-Feb-17 16:52:59

I've learned to sew for this reason.

OpalMoon Fri 24-Feb-17 17:09:46

Same here, I dread needing to buy clothes. In flights of fancy I have imagined it's a conspiracy to get us all into hessian sacks secured with baling twine.

I needed a new pair of trousers for work and the only ones that fit and looked decent were a pair from Edinburgh Woolen Mill... with an elasticated waist shock
They are so nice and wash so well I am getting a second pair blush grin

SEsofty Fri 24-Feb-17 17:15:51

Maybe this is my business opportunity. Hessian sack trousers. It could be a at home business

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now