Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask you all about cosmetic dentistry recommendations?

(11 Posts)
PamplemousseRouge Fri 24-Feb-17 07:09:41

Hi everyone smile

First of all, sorry that this AIBU is so boring!!

I just wanted to ask about teeth straightening, as I'm looking into it at the moment and would be interested in recommendations.

I had braces as a teenager and again when I was about 18 or 19. I now wear a permanent wire on the back of my top teeth, and wear a clear retainer most nights as well.

While I'm pleased with my teeth, there are a few things that I'd like to change if possible. My bottom teeth are slightly crooked and a bit discoloured, but they can't actually be seen when I smile - it's just my top teeth that are seen.

Also, not all of my top teeth can be seen when I smile, as there's still space on the sides of my mouth. This makes my smile look a bit 'gappy' and uneven, if that makes sense. I would be interested to find out if this could be changed so that more of my teeth could be seen when I smile? Is there a possibility to have all of my teeth showing when I smile?

I'm based in London, so would be particularly interested if you had any recommendations of cosmetic dental treatments around the London area.

Thanks so much! smile

Applebite Fri 24-Feb-17 07:18:10

I had mine whitened here and really liked them:

www.harleystreetdentalclinic.co.uk

PamplemousseRouge Fri 24-Feb-17 07:19:37

Bumping smile

PamplemousseRouge Fri 24-Feb-17 07:20:19

Ooh sorry Apple, thanks for your reply - have just seen it smile

PamplemousseRouge Fri 24-Feb-17 07:24:40

Anyone else with recommendations? smile

PamplemousseRouge Fri 24-Feb-17 08:20:28

Would be interested to hear if anyone has any more suggestions smile

Applebite Fri 24-Feb-17 09:51:17

Well I'll chime in again, haha! The reason I liked them so much was that they didn't try to get money out of me for the sake of it. There's 3 options for teeth whitening and they recommended the one that was by far the cheapest for me. They were really nice and the initial consultation is no obligation so you could check them out for nothing.

Good luck with it - I think teeth can be v important for how you feel about your smile and therefore your confidence!

bananafish81 Fri 24-Feb-17 12:01:23

I had ABB -alignment, bleach and bonding

Wore an inman aligner for 3 months and transformed my wonky bottom teeth

Whitening to make them brighter

Then had all the chips and wonky shapes rounded off with composite bonding

Much better for the teeth than veneers

Would recommend the inman over invisalign for braces if suitable any day of the week. It worked miracles in such a short space of time.

bananafish81 Fri 24-Feb-17 12:02:01

I'm in London and went to my local dentist in Islington. They're amazing

Panetulipani Fri 24-Feb-17 13:14:14

SW1 Dental Spa in Westminster. Finally had my teeth straightened for a big birthday a few years ago (Invisalign). Some home whitening solution included - didn't want them bleached too much, but they needed something. Fees clear and up front, and no additional charges when my stubborn front tooth took longer than anticipated to rotate and I needed extra aligners.

PamplemousseRouge Fri 24-Feb-17 16:45:32

Thanks so much Apple, Bananafish and Panetulipani smile I'll definitely look into all of the places that you've mentioned on here. If anyone else has any suggestions or advice, please do keep them coming smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now