Talk

Advanced search

to ask for a pat on the back?

(9 Posts)
AliceInUnderpants Thu 23-Feb-17 18:37:08

Or a stiff drink would do wink

Had DD1's DLA renewal form since end of last year (due start of April) Anyone who has had to complete these forms (or even seen them) knows how soul destroying they are, so I've been putting them off time and time again.
Well, today, I sat down and completed the whole bloody lot, and collated and copied all the evidence and reports together, and dissected the answers on the phone with a friend. All whilst having DD2 home sick from school.

I fucking rock. And feel somewhat endeared to DD1 tonight after ripping her apart all day.

Now to do a shitload of paperwork pertaining to a CAMHS visit for DD2 next week <yawn>

Blossomdeary Thu 23-Feb-17 18:41:18

These forms are so soul-destroying - all attempts to be positive and look on the bright side of life have to go out of the window and you are asked to concentrate on your problems and list them over and over again - well done for tackling this and getting to the other side.

Birdsgottaf1y Thu 23-Feb-17 18:49:06

If you want something to feel grateful about, be thankful that it wasn't a PIP form and you've had to take it tribunal.

The whole system is becoming increasingly scary.

DJBaggySmalls Thu 23-Feb-17 18:50:29

star gin cake

Fancy doing my next PIP? grin

ALemonyPea Thu 23-Feb-17 18:51:41

You need a massive slice of cake as well. Well done you!

AliceInUnderpants Thu 23-Feb-17 19:50:03

No thanks DJ have been putting off DD2's DLA forms for two years so far, and my own PIP and ESA applications for longer grin

Kleinzeit Thu 23-Feb-17 20:52:07

gin for filling in the form and pat on the back star for finishing it!

Mulberry72 Thu 23-Feb-17 21:22:34

I'm due for my PIP renewal form anytime soon, I get help with mine from a charity called Fightback4Justice, they're brilliant!

loaferloveforyou Thu 23-Feb-17 23:18:26

I'm not even going to pretend what the forms are or how they work. But from what you describe they are harder than the forms for my flat sale I have sitting in my office which I haven't touched for far longer than my buyer wishes they were oops!

winecakegin for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now