Talk

Advanced search

What would you do with one child free hour to yourself each week?

(81 Posts)
DarlingCoffee Thu 23-Feb-17 17:19:05

Posting here for traffic really.

My employers are introducing half days on Friday and as I start early I can finish one whole hour before I would normally collect my children from nursery.

The thing is I so rarely have time like this to myself that I just don't know what to do with this golden hour each week! I don't want to waste it. Ideas so far include going swimming and taking a long leisurely lunch. Do you have any better ideas wise mumsnetters?

Sirzy Thu 23-Feb-17 17:19:55

I would go for a run.

monkeysox Thu 23-Feb-17 17:20:24

Facial. Massage. Coffee and mag or book.
Yoga. Enjoy

lalaloopyhead Thu 23-Feb-17 17:22:16

I would like to think I would do something interesting, or at least useful. In reality I would probably go home and watch the tv and eat biscuits!

ArmySal Thu 23-Feb-17 17:23:36

Get into a really good book and settle down.

TinselTwins Thu 23-Feb-17 17:25:52

I have this once a week but it's slightly over an hour which allows me to swim, I get my lengths done in 20 mins, then I go in the jacuzzi before going to do pick-up. I love it. Its so nice to actually swim in a swimming pool and not watch kids!

lalaloopyhead Thu 23-Feb-17 17:25:53

Ah sorry, I didn't see you wanted actual sensible suggestions. An hour isn't actually that long so I am struggling to think of anything not already mentioned. Meeting a friend for coffee childfree would be a real luxury, or having a wonder around the shops, go to the gym...get a mumsnet hobby, though you would obviously need to get to the bottom of what they actually are first.

ArmySal Thu 23-Feb-17 17:27:08

get a mumsnet hobby, though you would obviously need to get to the bottom of what they actually are first.

gringrin

khajiit13 Thu 23-Feb-17 17:27:10

I'd eat sweets that I don't want to share blush

BertieBotts Thu 23-Feb-17 17:27:57

I would go home and sit and have a coffee in peace... or a nap!

LiveLifeWithPassion Thu 23-Feb-17 17:30:06

Id go home, do a 20 min exercise DVD then have a cup of tea and read a book for half an hr or so.

PrincessPotsie Thu 23-Feb-17 17:30:18

Rather sadly I'd do the weekly Tesco shop.....v begrudgingly.

GeekyWombat Thu 23-Feb-17 17:34:29

Lunch or coffee and cake with a magazine or a book. Uninterrupted glorious lovely time.

teaandakitkat Thu 23-Feb-17 17:36:23

Sadly I'm with PrincessPotsie, I'd do the weekly shop in peace.

But if I didn't need to shop I would read or go for a run depending on the weather and my enthusiasm levels.

AmmoniteGlitter Thu 23-Feb-17 17:37:20

Swim definitely. Followed by quick cup of peaceful tea.

geordiedench Thu 23-Feb-17 17:37:47

fit in all those appointments you never have time for - haircut, dentist, eyebrows, clothes shopping for yourself, or take a notebook or novel to a lovely cafe and spend an hour drinking coffee and reading or writing

CatchingBabies Thu 23-Feb-17 17:49:23

I would have a nap!

arethereanyleftatall Thu 23-Feb-17 17:51:12

Enjoy it!
Do whatever takes your fancy that week, mix it up.
Gym, swim, run, walk, massage, quiet coffee, haircut, lunch with friends.
Whatever you do don't waste it doing anything you could do at the same time as looking after dc.

wobblywonderwoman Thu 23-Feb-17 18:00:27

Get a shellac or wash and blow dry

But probably the gym would be the best bet

Snoopysimaginaryfriend Thu 23-Feb-17 18:37:31

Cup of tea, read my book

museumum Thu 23-Feb-17 18:41:19

Gentle yoga class. I used to yoga after work on a Friday and it's the best end to the working week now I stressfully sprint to nursery instead

namechange20050 Thu 23-Feb-17 18:42:52

I'd go to the supermarket alone! Much better than going with my toddler. Or I'd get a manicure.

SparklyLeprechaun Thu 23-Feb-17 18:43:48

I'd do things that I always put off for way too long :clothes shopping (for myself), hairdressers, beauty treatments, browsing in bookshops, spending some time in the library.

Eminybob Thu 23-Feb-17 18:45:25

My instinctive answer was "sleep" but if it's every week then I may use it more constructively. Possibly swimming as I keep meaning to go once a week but it would have to be in the evening once DS is in bed and I cba by then.

JellyWitch Thu 23-Feb-17 18:45:57

Yoga

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now