Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to take more this throne?? Need advice please!!

(19 Posts)
Autvet Thu 23-Feb-17 16:59:49

Have worst periods in world sadand want to take it a few days before a big date to delay period.... will it give me spots etc ?? Will it work?? Please help !!!!!!

iLoveCamelCase Thu 23-Feb-17 20:51:31

Do you mean norethisterone grin? Nobody can answer your question about spots etc as it will cause different reactions in different people. You have to take it 3 days before period is due. Should work!

Birdsgottaf1y Thu 23-Feb-17 21:21:30

It works for my DDs and their friends, they use it before festivals etc.

They've never had bad side effects, but it did upset their cycle, so think about that.

wishcarry Thu 23-Feb-17 21:23:22

I used to take norethisterone daily as I would bleed permanently when I had implant fitted.worked wonders.

Mamabear14 Thu 23-Feb-17 21:24:38

I've taken it a few times to delay periods, works a treat. The period that comes after is always absolute hell though, so prepare for that.

intheknickersoftime Thu 23-Feb-17 21:28:07

I think you will have to pay for it now though.

PingaPenguin Thu 23-Feb-17 21:28:33

I've generally never had a problem with it and it's worked fine, however the last couple of times it's brought on several migraines so worth baring in mind if you are a migraine sufferer!

NancyDonahue Thu 23-Feb-17 21:33:55

What is this magic stuff? I've never heard of it. Do you have to get a prescription?

Archedbrowse Thu 23-Feb-17 21:38:16

Sorry to hijack but am also interested in more details about this please?
I usually get period first week of the month and this year I'm away 1st weeks of May, June and July, the July being camping, could really do with delaying/stopping period those months.

Can you take it 3months in a row? Do you take it continuously like a pill or just before period?

Thanks, sorry op for posting loads of questions and no answers x

intheknickersoftime Thu 23-Feb-17 21:44:23

Arched have you considered mirena?

Getnakedorgohome Thu 23-Feb-17 21:48:26

I took it last month. It worked for me, no real side effects and I got my period 2 days after I stopped taking it. Period felt very heavy and I felt sort of 'crashed' but overall it was worth it for me. My gp was very helpful talking me through it.

Archedbrowse Thu 23-Feb-17 23:38:24

knickers what would the advantage of mirena (this would be a contraceptive pill I think?) be over the other one? Thanks

wishcarry Fri 24-Feb-17 06:31:26

I took it every day for around two years before having implant removed to have dd (doctor advised taking a week break each month though)I didn't have any side affects except slightly heavier discharge sometimes.

WishITookLifeSeriously Fri 24-Feb-17 06:41:44

When I take it for holidays etc I don't have side effects. However, a month later and my period and my moods are horrendous.

picklemepopcorn Fri 24-Feb-17 06:47:33

I've used it often. For me, I feel bloated and 'just about to start' while I'm on it, which is off putting!

intheknickersoftime Sat 25-Feb-17 05:49:33

Arched, sorry for late reply. It was just a thought as it usually stops your periods completely.

intheknickersoftime Sat 25-Feb-17 05:50:19

Mirena is a contraceptive coil.

Archedbrowse Sun 26-Feb-17 22:31:48

knickers ah I see, thank you smile. Only looking to stop them for these 3 specific months so the above mentioned pill sounds like the way forward.

Jaytee38 Wed 01-Mar-17 05:37:41

I could be wrong but I'm not sure if they'd advise it 3 months concurrently. Why not ask about the regular pill. I take mine 3 months in then a week off. You could take 3 months then just come off. It won't hurt your body taking them and it'll readjust quickly when you stop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now