Talk

Advanced search

Tumble Dryer recall. Aaaaggghhhh!!!

(21 Posts)
Paperdolly Thu 23-Feb-17 14:53:12

Listening to Jeremy Vine and the tumble drier recall out drier fits into the catergory. There is NO way of getting through!! Every time I ring I'm in a long waiting list. Last time I rang I was number 107 in queue. I've tried to get through on line but on entering the detils of the drier I get a no entry logo on the continue button even though there is no more I can enter.

Ahhhhhhgh!!!!

CotswoldStrife Thu 23-Feb-17 14:56:27

I registered online for a repair, can you still do that?

FallenSky Thu 23-Feb-17 14:57:35

I'm really surprised you've only just heard about this. It's been going on for a long time.

You could try contacting them on twitter/Facebook?

user1484394242 Thu 23-Feb-17 14:59:58

We registered online too (over a year ago, there was an 8 month waiting list for repairs) but then people who had the repairs done started reporting problems so we insisted on our money back. Sent Hotpoint a copy of our receipt and made it clear we wouldnt settle for repair or be made to pay for a replacement. They collected and sent us a cheque within 1 week.

pinkunicornsarefluffy Thu 23-Feb-17 15:02:35

I got quick response on their Facebook page

I had to wait ten months for modification, 8 year old Creda.

It's now had new drum, new heater, new filter, basically a new machine in the same shell.

user1471530109 Thu 23-Feb-17 15:07:15

I contacted them on fb too. I had been waiting for almost a year and demanded a replacement as I was sick of waiting. I was given one, plus they worked around me when I as at home (teacher).
I had a replacement a year ago. This has been going on for ages (18mth-2yrs!).

nokidshere Thu 23-Feb-17 15:07:47

I also registered online. 6 months later I received an email saying that it would be another 6 months for repairs in my area or I could buy a new one for £49. My machine was years old and well used so I opted for a brand new one worth £250 for the discounted price.

For £49 they delivered it, installed it and took the old one away.

user1484394242 Thu 23-Feb-17 15:09:01

FallenSky they keep adding more models to the list

Roomba Thu 23-Feb-17 15:15:40

I've been waiting almost a year for a repair! I haven't been using my drier whilst waiting, as it's in an outhouse so I wouldn't be able to supervise it while it ran. It's a bloody pain in the arse having to dry everything indoors. I can't afford a new drier and it was bought a while ago so I can't ask for a refund.

MyVisionsComeFromSoup Thu 23-Feb-17 15:28:48

I went for the £49/£60 replacement option as well,last year sometime I think

Paperdolly Fri 24-Feb-17 21:12:40

Fallensky - I haven't just heard about this but it's a long story so I won't bore you with it.

I can't seem to put the numbers in on the recall check as I get a no entry logo.

I have left a message on the Hotpoint FB page.

Happyandhungry Fri 24-Feb-17 21:20:37

We had the recall repair done and our tumble dryer broke not long after. It was outside the repair guarantee time so they offered for us to pay over £100 for an engineer to come and fix it again or £60 for a new one. Got a new one, feel more confident and its great. However i will never buy hotpoint or any whirlpool brand again! I found repeated phone calls, facebook messages and emails did the trick, mine was fixed quite quickly.

Palomb Fri 24-Feb-17 21:23:14

I organised my adaptation via webchat at it was done within a month.

9 months later they still keep pestering me about it. I've blocked their number but they keep leaving me VM's. I've told the, about 10 times that's it's been done! 😫

Outbackshack Fri 24-Feb-17 21:24:08

We waited a year for repair only for it constantly trip the electrics once repaired! They came out again and found fault with repair, fixed it and it's now sorted. Finally.

urbanrock Fri 24-Feb-17 21:25:53

We waited ages for the repair to be told ours couldn't be fixed. In fact the repairman said it was too dangerous to use. They still tried to sell me a discounted one. After a lot of arguing, I pointed out I had bought a drier from them in good faith. It had been condemned by their engineer and I wasn't paying a penny for a replacement. They finally replaced it free of charge.

Salmotrutta Fri 24-Feb-17 21:29:01

I hadn't heard about this but only because we have a gas tumble dryer that is situated outside next to our garage.

Our dryer is now on its last legs frankly and I'm quite peeved that only one company makes gas tumble dryers.

Yes, they are more expensive to buy but they are much cheaper to actually run.

Paperdolly Fri 24-Feb-17 21:29:43

Look at the Sale of Goods Act '79. If you paid by credit card you can get them to fight it for you.

Paperdolly Sat 25-Feb-17 18:39:28

UPDATE - I had a reply today and my washing machine was made earlier than the ones at risk and that is why the code couldn't be entered.

Hope you all get yours sorted soon.

noblegiraffe Sat 25-Feb-17 18:43:48

I contacted them as soon as the fault was announced and still am waiting to hear hmm

They originally said that they were safe to use if attended but the latest news this week is that faulty dryers should be unplugged and never used again. shock

SauvignonBlanche Sat 25-Feb-17 18:47:49

They contacted me in January and said they would be in touch - January 2016!

BestIsWest Sat 25-Feb-17 18:50:11

We waited 18 months for ours to be repaired. Our turn came last Wednesday - and the repairman turned up, took it apart and then discovered he hadn't brought the new part with him. Aargh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now