Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to proceed with this job application knowing I want to leave in 6 months

(6 Posts)
user1487755366 Wed 22-Feb-17 09:29:06

I have a place for teacher training starting in September. I desperately need a job in the interim and have been doing some private tuition but I don't have enough students to keep up the bills. I went for a job interview yesterday at a local tuition centre (a bit like Kumon) and I think it would make the perfect stopgap. I got a call a few hours after the job interview saying I was through to the final round which is an assessment day.

I would start in early March and would have to leave again in September to begin my teacher training. Is it wrong to pursue this knowing I'd realistically resign a few months into the job?

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Wed 22-Feb-17 09:31:56

I would do it. You've got to eat for the next 6 months!

princessconsuelobananahammock Wed 22-Feb-17 09:32:44

It must happen lots in that area - particularly around Aug/Sept. it's not ideal for them but you need to pay the bills & 6 months isn't an insignificant amount of time.

LadyCallandraDaviot Wed 22-Feb-17 09:34:02

I would do it - you may not have to leave altogether once you start your course (unless you are moving for Uni) but could just reduce your hours?

MrsDustyBusty Wed 22-Feb-17 09:35:21

I would do it. There are no guarantees anyway, who's to say you wouldn't want to leave in six months even if you hadn't planned to? Who's to say the business won't fold? It's all a gamble. Give them your best for the time you've got.

miniloco Wed 22-Feb-17 09:41:37

Lgs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now