Talk

Advanced search

To teach dh the true meaning of booby trap if he doesn't shut up about them.

(5 Posts)
Northernlurker Tue 21-Feb-17 22:51:58

Dh is inherently very slightly clumsy. He breaks things occasionally and is generally more prone to being careless with things than I am.
He has an extremely annoying tendency to shout from the kitchen, in dismay, that he has been 'booby trapped' when for example he knocks over cream in the fridge and the lid comes off. Apparently cream on shelves is an accident waiting to happen. It's not an accident I ever have of course.
Tonight it was that a hand blender had been left propped up in a jug and in reaching a piece of kitchen roll, he knocked it over and almost catapaulted my newly made soup, in dishes for the freezer, on to the floor. That's nearly mind you. Not actually. Actually and I would have been writing 'Aibu to have decapitated my dh'
So I have made it absolutely clear that the booby trap comments get right up my nose. Aibu to dig a pit in our hall to teach him what a booby trap really is?

Chloe84 Tue 21-Feb-17 22:54:45

Ugh, that sounds annoying. It's not a booby trap when it's just sitting there minding its own business.

Does he clean up his messes?

Floggingmolly Tue 21-Feb-17 22:54:46

Is it a turn of phrase, or is he accusing people of actually laying traps for him??

Northernlurker Tue 21-Feb-17 23:01:16

Yes he cleans it up, whilst whining about how he's been booby trapped.

No, he's not paranoid grin. He just feels guilty when he knocks something over.

donajimena Tue 21-Feb-17 23:08:17

I feel for both of you. My friend has such bad spatial awareness that he will put something down,'forget and then fall over it. Whilst exclaiming 'who put that there '
H

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now