Talk

Advanced search

To move?

(6 Posts)
MiaMoo95 Tue 21-Feb-17 20:44:05

When I was married I moved a few hours away from my family to London. I live in a lovely house but very costly and have recently had a divorce and have been left with the house. I am struggling to keep running the house and being a single mum I want to be closed to my family as I have no friends here. I have the opportunity to move a 15 minute drive away from my family, next to a great school, basically everything I need around it. Its my dream home, In a very lovely are, a lot better than the city I am in now. It's a lot less costly than my house now and my job lets me work from home. It's literally all good things, except for taking my 3 and 4 year olds away from the life and friends they have here and also their dad. He has a car and would be able to travel and I could also drop the down to him but is two hours too far?. If you look at my previous post you would see he's pretty bad at visiting the kids. Just wondering if I should take up this offer or leave everything how it is.

oneohfivethreeeight Tue 21-Feb-17 20:47:55

Take it. We moved from South London and then it's a 2 hour trip back to see the family. It's not a trip I'd do every day, but it's not so far that we feel cut off or isolated from them.

ninjapants Tue 21-Feb-17 20:53:54

Do it. The only real issue is your dc's contact with their Dad and you've said each of you can travel to facilitate that. It sounds like your life would be so much better if you were to move so just go for it and be happy!

Cherrysoup Tue 21-Feb-17 20:55:54

Do it. You can do drop offs/pick ups halfway.

MiaMoo95 Tue 21-Feb-17 21:59:20

I'm basically dead set on it, and now you've all convinced me so thank you!. Actually didn't think about half way drop offs, that makes it a lot easier for the both of us. Thank you again.

Yellowmono Tue 21-Feb-17 22:05:15

So much easier to do it now whilst they are little than when they are older and settled at school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now